• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Going Out for meals...

coolas

I have to book up a restaurant for my team for Christmas. I booked up Zizzi's but don't think there will be much (anything?) on the menu I can have.

Do any of you have any good suggestions for food which gastric bypassers can stomach (or can pouch- boom boom!) when out?

Are there any restaurants which you recommend?:confused:

ladybird_gal

Could be tricky so soon after surgery. I have found that I can eat most things but in much smaller quantities. I have to admit that I try things at home before trying things out just to see how I cope. Salad should be ok, but be careful aboout any dressing if it has added sugar. Ask them! Chew well. Also maybe a meat balls and sauce without pasta. The mussels or calamari or Antipasto. Everyone is so different. Also you need to check on your hospital's advice regarding stages of eating. Hope that's helpful.

Mark01/05/2009

On my way................
How many weeks post op will you be?

Soup is usually a good option when recently post op...... Ask for it as a main and if anyone questions you and they dont know about your surgery just say "I know its a starter but it looks lovely and just fancy it" People wont question you any further.....

Good luck xxx

coolas

thanks - sounds like a good plan.
9 stone is a fabulous loss - you must be so proud!

Mark01/05/2009

On my way................
Yeah I couldnt be happier :) Not long till you achieve the same and are at your target :)

coolas

Found the perfect place. Leon's restaurant. There are a number in London and one in Bluewater. Had a delicious meatball in tomato sauce starter yesterday there (I took some low fat Greek yogurt to put a bit in it!) it was delicious. Lots of the dishes are low fat and low sugar and perfect for us!
And fresh soups every day - a meaty one and a veggie one.
have a look

Leon Restaurants - Welcome