• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Going to get my date anyday now.... Eeeeekkkk

Badgerpink

Had a call on the 7th from Derby Royal asking if I would mind having my op with Mr Ahmed at the Countess of Chester Hospital. They are trying to get the waiting lists down. And I would be looking at Jan to early feb for a op date... Which was what estimation I was told for derby. It's all happening here. We might possibly be moving house in the midsts of all this too. Oh well bring it on this is my year ") any one else at the same hospital with a date?

Thank you ") found out it's NEXT WEEK still don't know the date waiting for another call... Pre op diet to be started immediately no last meal for me "(

Yay, that's marvellous. (I thought my trek from Boston to Derby wa s a long way!!)

Mr A did my op at the Nuffield on 22 Feb last year and he is fantastic!

That's great! Get it over and done with!

Kirsty

Exciting.... good luck

You're certainly having an exciting time of it. I know they say moving house can be pretty stressful so it's probably a good thing to be doing both in one hit...get all the stressful stuff over in one go! Good luck with your op.

Hi lincs lass, how was it being operated on outside derby but under their care still... Who's guidelines do you follow ect?? I'm going to the Countess of Chester xx

I was done at the Nuffield in Derby so still within the town. The only difference was having a contact number for the Nuffield and my first post op appointment at the Nuffield. After that it was everything back to Derby Royal.

It was a very nice room and a private bathroom so very nice. :D

I was done at the Nuffield in Derby so still within the town. The only difference was having a contact number for the Nuffield and my first post op appointment at the Nuffield. After that it was everything back to Derby Royal. It was a very nice room and a private bathroom so very nice. :D
This is under Phoenix health I have all the info now apart from what time we leave x

Last edited:
Amazing news! Woooooo Hooooooo! :D

I think I like the idea of 'no last meal'!! No time to think, worry or panic! It all happens at once!

Hope all goes well! Update us on your process on the 'other side' xx :D

4 days post op and feeling really good. Wounds only sore when I get up or sit down. Wind pain was bad the last night in hospital but it was PROPPA tummy wind could feel it bubbling round my intestines. As soon as I got home on my own toilet I was relieved. Only think I find a nuisance is the injection but it's a small price to pay... Over all...touch wood...up to yet....a very positive experience. All I do is drink drink drink ")

Fantastic, it sounds like everything is going great.

I hated those injections and was over the moon when I got to the end of them but as you say, all worth it xx

Back