• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Got my surgery date

cheekymonkey

Oh my god!!!!!!!!!!........it's here, that day at last i've got a date, Mr Ammouri's secretary called me today and told me my surgery date is the 29th November 2010. I don't know how i feel. I thought i would just feel happy and excited but i'm also scared and really apprehensive too, it's a weird feeling. :confused:

Just waiting for my appointment to see dietien to start pre op diet now, everybody i've spoke said said it's really yuk, anybody have any insight on this for me. Also could anybody tell me about the meeting that takes place at salford royal (hope hospital) as i have been asked to attend the next one in october but i really don't know what to expect etc.

Thanks

x:553:

Don't know the answers to your questions but congratulations on getting your date. Not long to go now :)

hi clare, the diet isnt that bad, its basically a low carb,low fat, low sugar type diet, so its say eggs for breakfast, protein/salad or veg for lunch, and protein/salad or veg for tea. so u could have a nice big salad with tuna, or chicken n veg, i didnt actually have time to do much of it, cos i only got a few days notice, but iseem to remember thats it was summat like that. but i wouldnt worry cos they will go through it all with you before you need to go on it. some on here do the milk diet, but i dont think hope do that one, if they do i ws never told about it. congratulations on getting your date, youll soon start to feel excited. you wont have to start your pre op diet till the middle of november, so youve got plenty of time. keep in touch with us on here, cos you might find youll get a roller coaster of emotions, which we might be able to help you with. hugs x

I can't answer your question about your hospital but i can tell you i did a low carb pre op and i won't lie, i struggled, it was hard.... But then wls is not an easy option we just get on with it don't we?

Anyway i wanted to wish you well and say go to your hospital support group meeting, i have found the support meetings i go to very beneficial xx

yaaaay congrats sweetpea fab news xxx

Congratulation on getting your date for surgery. It a strangely exciting and yet scary moment when that happens.

The milk diet is difficult for the first 3 or 4 days after which it becomes easier. Good luck as you move forward. Exciting times ahead! xx :)

Hello love, so pleased you have heard about your surgery date... it must be daunting for you.

The Salford meeting is the first Wednesday of every month in the Mayo Building at the back of the hospital next to the multi storey car park...

If you get there by 6.30pm some of us will be there for the meeting starting at 7pm...

Keep in touch, love and hugs xxx

Excellent news about getting your date. I too had a strange mixture of emotions at first. But after a few days of the reality sinking again, I got very excited! Spending a lot of time on this site pre-op really helped me to come to terms with what would be happening, and to enable me to be well informed about what to expect.

Back