• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Golf ball stuck mid breastbone

Bookie

Just wanting to have a whinge, really.

On Tuesday, I ate a piece of chicken which was obviously too big or not chewed enough, whichever, and paid for it, as you would expect, by being stuck, intense pain, bla bla, you all know the feeling...

Today's Thursday and things are still not back to normal. As soon as I have something more solid than a drink, it causes me pain in the breast bone and the back, breathing hurts... Meanwhile, my tummy is rumbling and I feel hungry!

Yesterday was so bad I had to go to bed for a few hours and even after a few hours my chest was still hurting. I have read a thread where someone else was told it was due to the stitches dissolving and the muscle rearranging themselves, I hope that's what it was, but I am concerned it's still going on, and meanwhile I am starving! :cry:

That all sounds possible, and the general internal bruising but if you have any concerns at all speak to your team, even if it's just to put your mind at rest xx

I wonder if you could have hurt a muscle when the chicken got stuck, sorry to be graphic but did it eventually go down or did it come back up? when the pasta got stuck with me I was sick:jelous:

Call your provider today, do not delay, ring them and have a chat. in the meantime, soup to fill you up and painkillers if you need them for the pain

x

It maybe that until it settles down, you may find it helpful to stick to liquids only. When I had an issue with swelling after doing sit ups (my provider hadnt told me at the time to avoid them!) I found that I had to go back on liquids only for a few days to allow it to go down.

You should however, talk to your provider with your concerns, they really are your first port of call :)

It must have gone down eventually, even if it felt as if it was still stuck there the next day! :p

I'll give it a couple more days, that's why I have you guys to have a moan!

We've all done it, you know, when you swallow say a tablet and it gets stuck, even though it's long gone down you still feel it in your gullet for hours afterwards.

That too shall pass. That's an order. :p

Chicken can be tricky for banders, due to the texture. My post op advice was not to eat anything but minced meat until three months post op - then with very cautious teeny bites.

I don't actually eat meat, so not an issue for me but its very easy to take too big a bite of something and not chew enough. A lesson some of us learn the hard way! xx

chicken is one of my worst tolerated meats iv had things stuck but never had bruising from it hope u get sorted

Back