• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Good News Today

Bellydancer57

Seen my team at the hospital today following all my allergies & then stricture probs. they are happy that I'm doing well & told me I don't need my additional stretch next week yipppeeeee.:):):):)
They put my mind at ease regarding my food intake particularly the protein issue I was worried about. Funnily enough I've even ate better since I got back home today. So maybe I was worrying too much.
The surgeon & his team said they were very intrigued with my case as they have never had anyone as sensitive & allergic as me. They are looking into contacting the BNF to let them know about me. LOL I know everyone wants their 5 minutes of fame but surely I could have done it on X Factor rather than my sleeve op!?!

gOOD NEWS ABOUT YOUR STRETCH AND THAT YOUR TEA, ARE HAPPY WITH YOU. sORRY ABOUT YOUR ALLERGIES THOUGH-MUST MAKE IT REALLY HARD. wHAT IS bnf?

great news bd :) xxx

BNF = British Nutrition Foundation

Thats brilliant news that you don't need more medical intervention and that you are eating better that they have put your mind at rest thats the way to go girl well done you. xx

Bnf = British national formulary , the medications bible

Glad to hear that you don't have to have a stretch, Bellydancer, as none of us really wants to have to go through further invasive surgery.

I notice in your sig that you have lost 75 lbs already (5 stone 5 lbs) -- was most of this since your op in February?

Has an extremely narrow sleeve (which they thought might need stretching) led to very speedy weight loss ?

I had massive allergy issues to the medications post op which cause inflammation of my pouch & a stricture at the exit into the intestines. I lost 3 1/2 stone in just over 3 weeks post op & had to go back into hospital twice due to the allergies. They had to do a stretch then. Since then everything seems to be on target. The rest of the weight came off pre op with liver shrinkage diet etc. Despite my problems haven't regretted it once & loving the results so far. Still having a struggle with new soft foods but sure will get there. Thanks for asking.

Back