• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Got a 2nd Chance

Karen19745

Hi All, I went to see Mr Small yesterday it was a real ordeal.

I got there, a nurse weighed me and said I had only lost 3kg when they had asked me to lose 5kg.

Then I had to go to a different waiting room where I waited for an hour and a half with no tv and no magazines, all I could think of was "they're going to turn me down", "I shouldn't have come", "I just want to get out of here" my 15 year old daughter came with me it was more like she was the adult and I was the child. She was a real support. :hug99:

By the time I got in to see him I felt sick with worrying. I didn't see Mr Small I seen a foreign Dr think he may have been German not really sure. He said because I had lost over half of what they asked me to lose they wouldn't bounce me back.

I have to go back in 6 weeks for an endoscopy and I will be weighed again if I haven't lost the rest of the weight then I will be bounced back, and he said "you understand what I'm saying don't you". I could only nod.

Then if everything is ok and I have lost the weight (which of course I will have) then the operation will be 4-5 months after that. I said that's a long time, he said the government have now seen how successful the operations are and have asked them to double their figures and they are getting hundreds of referrals a day from GP's, but only have the same amount of staff and hospitals to deal with them all.

I got out of the hospital and I just wanted to cry, I had so many mixed emotions. :cry:

I was originally referred by my GP in July 2009 it's such a long process but I'm so grateful that he has given me another chance and I am not going to blow it this time.

I want to try that Lipotrim, does anyone know what you have to do, what you have to drink, etc. ?

Sorry for boring everyone to death, just needed to get it all out !:blahblah:

Thanks for all your support, Karen x :D

cherry

hey sweetpea... i to am under mr small... i go back in oct eeek exciting~

i just want to say im 4 pound away from losing two stone.... and i havent done any liquid diest whats so ever! ill give you an example of what i have and you can maybe try if it works for you so ~

breakfast~ belvita breakfast biscuits glass of smoothie..(this does fill me up)

lunch~ soup either pean and ham with 3 ryvitas with lowfat spread and maybe a topping on them, fruit yog

tea~ either ww meal or jpot and chicken etc

this has worked fab for me its so good youve your second chance!!

crikey so that long huh!! i dont think im gonna need any extra tests not to sure tho so if i didnt need tests would it be a 4/5 month wait from my 3rd appointment?..

soooooooooo long hey xx

phatmomma

Hi karen, if you go on Food Focus - Permanent Weight Loss or is it .com? If you put in your details and how much weight you want to lose and by what date it will tell you how many calories you should have to do it!

Alternatively what about slimfast? They have an excellent site with support also xx

jaynefrances

Great news that they are willing to give you the second chance. Please don't get complacent as they have got very strict and not only sending people back to the beginning of the process but also cancelling ops at the last minute if you haven't met the targets.
I found it hard to maintain the weight loss due to the long waits between appointments and then had to "panic diet" using slimfast to lose it in time (on my last one it really was a panic as i'd only left myself three weeks to lose a stone and at the last minute they brought my appointment forward a week, so i only had a fortnight ! - so thats something else to watch out for !!)
I know it gets frustrating going through the lengthy process and its easy to get peed off, but its so worth it in the end.
I am so grateful for the opportunity given to me and the money and time invested in my surgery. Its given me my life back and before you know it, you too will be looking back and realising how quickly the time flew by while you were waiting x x

Grace

Hi Karen, nothing boring about your post at all, I have been wondering how you got on. That certainly sounds like Mr Schroeder, he is the surgeon who did my op. I'm so glad he's given you that second chance. You go for it now honey. You CAN do this! You've done so well so far.

4-5 months sounds like a lot, but it's really only 16- 20 weeks...24 at most? That's shorter than I waited. Like I say, it does sound like a lot, but when you're actually on that waiting list, the time flies by.

Chuffy_29

Why not try slimming world, rather than lipotrim? SW would be steady and is kept up easily and you could do it right up till your op.

Kerry Jo

Glad you've been given a second chance and i wish you well with losing that last bit of weight to make your target. Slimming world is good as the above post said. Good luck! xxx

christine77

hi karen

i am so pleased they have given you a second chance, i am also with sunderland but with Mr Balapuri, and i have my weight check appointment a week on monday, i have been on every scales possible just check i have lost the weight, boots, tesco, the large parcel machine at work , if it weights then i have been on it. and it looks like i have lost what was required ( hopefully). so we are about the same stage in the process . just try really hard the next few weeks and dont give up have a belief you can do it , i was referred in may 2009 so i understand about what you mean about the long process but it will be worth it in the end .

keep with it and stay positive

chris

J-Mo

I spoke to Mr Small's secretary yesterday & the wait for a gastric bypass is currently 6 months. You will only be added to the list when you've had endoscopy & the result is okay, obviously you need to have lost/maintained weight too. This is as per Mr Small secretary.

Karen19745

Thanks everyone for your support, I am going to do the weight watchers diet, because I Lost 2 stone a couple of years ago with that and I still have all the books, recipes books, calculator and scales. I will do this I know I can. Thanks again, Karen x

rachaelh

think positive karen, i've been doing ww since march in a panic to try and shift some weight after my 3rd appt at SRH and so far i'm down 72lbs with them and 98 overall since i had my daughter in january, it is possible to lose a good bit while ya waiting, i've been panic dieting since my last appointment in june as i don't trust myself to let up as the second i do the weight i've lost all comes back on with a vengence and brings its nasty little friends with it! anyway enough of the Blahblah think happy thoughts and the date will come around in no time x

yorkiegal

Baxter's mum
I can't beleive how different one hospital is from another. At no point since my referral have I been asked to lose any weight. The consultant simply took my word for it that I had previously lost several stone with lighterlife, which is true of course but might not have been. My pct has no weight management programme in place and no psychiatric consult for wls patients.

J-Mo

Karen, I' now scared I gonna be 'bounced back'!! I've put on 18lb in 4months & I soooo ashamed of myself...

Gotta get this weight off ASAP!!!! Good luck with ur weight loss...