• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A big fat no for me

everhopefull

Rgeular for help lol
Went to the dr and asked about the WLS and told him why I think I should have it all my illnesses that he knows anyway and that iv done everything under the sun and he said no he wants me to try with the nurse some more before he will even think about it. so now I have to go to weight management with the nurse for a few months before I can talk to him again im realy gutted about it.:cry::cry::cry::cry:

So sorry to hear your doc is not supportive:(. My doc wasn't either but eventually she came round after I had no success with the pills she prescribed. Don't be too upset, some documented 'trying' is required for NHS approval anyway. Most areas require 6 months of documented medical assisted weightloss program. Just remember that those months will count towards your goal of weight loss surgery, this is not the end. Look at it as the longer way around instead of the shortcut. And maybe you'll drop a few pounds in the process.

Chin up, you aren't done yet. Don't give up! It is worth the wait (I waited 18 months) and you'll be better for knowing you really have tried everything.:D

:hug99: sorry to hear your GP hasn't been supportive. This doesn't mean it's a no though, you have a choice now. You can either go with what he wants and do the weight management, or persevere.

You can either see a different GP within the practice, if that is an option for you, or you can contact PALS, and ask them to liaise with your GP, or you can go back to your GP and say no, I don't agree with you, and I want you to make the referral so that the PCT can decide if I'm a suitable candidate or not.

If you need any help then just shout x

try not to get too down hearted and stay as positive as possible, i'm afraid i can't offer any advice as far as funding is concerned as i had my band fitted privately, i just hope that you eventually get the outcome that you hope for. xx

sorry to hear about your GP, I agree with what Phatgirl said, it could be a win win situation, you might attend and lose weight and if it fails you should then be offered the surgery they want to ensure that you try everything first...chin up chick...xx

Thanks everyone for the support I think that im going to go with him for a bit anyway hes the onoy dr and he is good had him for years.

Just think he thinks I havent tryed everything so i will go with the nurse and then go back to him in a month and try again im not giveing up as I know that this is my last hope as nothing else has worked.

I hope that you all dont mind me sticking round here while im so this with the nurse.

Doubt anyone will mind :D

During that month, write a list of everything you've tried, how long for, and what results you had. That way when you go back you can show him.

sorry to hear it was a "no" but listen well to what the others have posted.

your story sounds like mine. I too was turned down by my GP. As Phatgirl has said my GP wanted me to try the reductil befor referring me. I did this then the hospital turned me down as they wanted me to do weight management as well as accomplia (accomplia is banned now) I did this and the hospital have now taken me on as a patient.

So be strong, you will get there. I would suggest writing to your GP and explain how important this is to you, maybe it might change his mind. I did this and it worked for me.

Oh no! That totally sucks :( I am so sorry, i can totally understand how you must be feeling ((((hug)))
It must just be a process that you have to go through, to eventually get you to where you want to be- you must just have to 'play the game' and proove to them that you have tried everything.
Dont give up- you WILL get there;),
Xxx Lizzie xxX

Im sooo going to play the game lol I know that there is nothing else that will work so im going to prove them im also going to write a letter to my dr and tell him how much this means to me.

Back