• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Got my surgery date!! Gastric Sleeve here I come!

triedeverything

Had my first consultation this morning with Mr Shaw Somers and I've got my surgery date for my sleeve on 21st May!! I'm so excited! I have done a lot of research and although he wanted me to consider the Bypass, he agreed that due to the fact I'm a vegetarian and in order to be sure that I consume adequate protein, he agrees that the Sleeve was a good choice for me.

I'm now waiting for the pre-op information pack and will have to go on the Milk Diet for 2 weeks pre-op which could be a challenge but I'm really motivated and looking forward to the change. I've got a holiday booked in Portugal on 26th July I really hope I will be ok for that.

Ooh something I haven't heard of.. what's a fobi ring and what does it do? Why do you wish you had can I ask, have you had complications?

Fobi ring is like a permanent band that goes over the stomach pouch & doesn't require any fills. It's like an added insurance that aims to stop the stomach stretching, which can happen with a sleeve, hence regain. My provider doesn't offer it & it's all quite new in the UK (used wider in USA) so you may find it isn't an option x

He did my by-pass and the connection streched within two/three weeks on sloppy food. He did a tighten up job and it did it again!!!

When I spoke to Mr Toh he said they do a fobi like ring sometimes but it is new.

Ask him what they can/will do if it does stretch? I don't think it happens that often (I haven't found anyone else it has done this to) but ask the question anyway :) ((then you can let me know what he says lol lol)

Back