• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Got my date for surgery

wilb32

11th September 2014, can't believe at last I've got my date now all the worrying starts, not just about the surgery, but taking time off work (they. All know about my op and are very supportive) my dog is due to have her pups on 21st August will my husband be able to cope with a house full of puppies when I'm not up to full speed?
There are so many things running through my mind, I've wanted this for so long and thought about it, researched it and discussed it with others I know it is the right thing to do but I still can't help being a little bit scared!

All the feelings you express are normal and totally understandable.

It's human (female?) nature to worry that you have to hand the reins over to others bit your husband WILL cope.

Honestly, it will all be ok xx

Congratulations.

Mine is 15th September and I can't wait. Some times I think 'oh, it's ages away' and other times I'm thinking 'OMG OMG OMG'. It changes on an hourly basis.

Great news on your up coming WLS! Mine is due for Sept 18 so not much behind you

Thats great news!! Im relying on my dog to look after my husband, i have trained him to use the vac and wash the clothes!! Im just relying on my husband to feed the dog so he can do these tasks!!

Hi I am feeling the same. Nervous one minute excited the next. My surgery is booked for Sept 12th for a band. Look forward to hearing how everyone is doing. :) x

I've got a countdown timer on my phone. Sad!

Got one set to midnight the say before I start the LSD and the second for 7am admission time on my surgery day.

I've got a countdown timer on my phone. Sad!

Got one set to midnight the say before I start the LSD and the second for 7am admission time on my surgery day.

Amazing. Love it!

11th September 2014, can't believe at last I've got my date now all the worrying starts, not just about the surgery, but taking time off work (they. All know about my op and are very supportive) my dog is due to have her pups on 21st August will my husband be able to cope with a house full of puppies when I'm not up to full speed? There are so many things running through my mind, I've wanted this for so long and thought about it, researched it and discussed it with others I know it is the right thing to do but I still can't help being a little bit scared!

Only natural to be scared I think :-(

I know that while I am excited, I am also terrified :-( so your not too bad if your just a bit scared....braver than me x

Also worried about my pooches. My hubby has mobility issues and it is me that walks them. Will Need to be the garden for a few days. They will be stir crazy but they pull on the lead especially my rotti and I would be fearful of my wounds rupturing

So good luck. I am having a band a week on Wednesday...it will be the start of a bright new world for us xxxx

Oh I love Rottweilers...I have a GSD and use a head collar on him other wise it's not much fun! 40 kilos dragging you along

Oh I love Rottweilers...I have a GSD and use a head collar on him other wise it's not much fun! 40 kilos dragging you along

Whew 40 kilos is big...I was telling you I had two. One came to us at 49 kilos, he was as broad as a coffee table. We got him down to 42' our other boy was a constant 37

A lot of dog....he will be a great comfort to you...the best Huggs in the world when you get back home. My wee staff is very bouncy and I have to say I'm concerned about her jumping on me

I've got two CKC and a collie the female CKC is due to have her puppies on 21/08/14 not sure how hubby is going to cope with a house full of puppies as well as our dogs!

Have you any doggy dude pals who could help out? I'm sure he will be ok, not as efficient as you of course;-) it's amazing what men can actually do when they just have to get on with it x

Back