• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Got my date for surgery

Tips for doggy who like to jump on ya post surgery :) tons of pillows and cushions :) and take one for the drive home after op stops the seat belt rubbing :)

My pup was fantastic after the op, she seem just to accept i was out of action and pretty much left me be x x x

Thanks crystal...that sounds like great advice. My wee staff is a rescue and she is so anxious- she is a total Velcro dog! But she is so solid and like a jack in the box jumping and bouncing everywhere.....I do try and train it out of her, must try harder ;-)

LOL dogs are sooooo funny bless em :) mine is just coming up for a year old, so the day of my op she came in the car with us, hubby split his day between her and me lol it was a pretty long day, but when they let me go..... i got to the car and she totally ignored me LOL took a fews days before she forgave me, nut honestly she must have known i was poorly as she kept well away and slept beside me on the sofa :)

LOL dogs are sooooo funny bless em :) mine is just coming up for a year old, so the day of my op she came in the car with us, hubby split his day between her and me lol it was a pretty long day, but when they let me go..... i got to the car and she totally ignored me LOL took a fews days before she forgave me, nut honestly she must have known i was poorly as she kept well away and slept beside me on the sofa :)

They are just so loyal. Loving us unconditionally

If my dog jumps at me post op it will be the last thing he does!
Thankfully he's very obedient and although energetic he's well behaved " on your bed " are words he hears a lot! I'm just about to take him on an adventure now, dogs are great!

If my dog jumps at me post op it will be the last thing he does! Thankfully he's very obedient and although energetic he's well behaved " on your bed " are words he hears a lot! I'm just about to take him on an adventure now, dogs are great!

Kar. You sound scary ;-) xx

Actually on a serious note, none of my shepherds have ever jumped up on me. Too aloof and self contained. My Rottie is not a jumper either.....but this wee staff is a total nightmare, it's a bit of a breed trait. I have a dog behaviourist out to help me with her. She is soooooo needy. Had a really bad start in life before we took her on at a year old - I'm hopeful...but in the mean time I will go with Crystals pillow suggestion lol

Haha! Yes and I treat my husband just like my dog...give him treats and tell him to get on his bed... He loves it! Thankfully big dogs don't tend to jump up much!
But they so stink!

Haha! Yes and I treat my husband just like my dog...give him treats and tell him to get on his bed... He loves it! Thankfully big dogs don't tend to jump up much! But they so stink!

ROFLMAO so so funny

One day my husband said "don't treat me like one of those dogs". I said. " You wish"

11th September 2014, can't believe at last I've got my date now all the worrying starts, not just about the surgery, but taking time off work (they. All know about my op and are very supportive) my dog is due to have her pups on 21st August will my husband be able to cope with a house full of puppies when I'm not up to full speed?
There are so many things running through my mind, I've wanted this for so long and thought about it, researched it and discussed it with others I know it is the right thing to do but I still can't help being a little bit scared!
I have my pro op appt on 28 aug and then wait for my date. I too know its the right thing but am also scared. I am scared of being ill after and of loose skin and of never being able to eat normally again. How do you feel about this?

Hi it's right your husband will do a fine job, because you will be there to supervise lol but joking apart if you weren't all nervous it wouldn't be normal after all this is a life changing experience, something you have chosen to do and now your turn is hear. So panic away, pack and un pack your bags. Keep in touch with everyone here and I'm suer you will sail through the whole thing. Good luck on your journey :)

hi janette, totally normal, I think the same too but then I think well do I want to die of a heart attack or a stroke or have angina or diabetes, these are all issues that are in my family, so for me this pushes me to keep going.
your body naturally tries to prevent itself being hurt so it will be telling you not to do it, good luck x

Janette. I'm up a week on Wednesday and am scared stupid. I'm defo not a brave soldier and don't do pain. My main fear is the pain, but I'm also afraid of never feeling well again, and of the huge lifestyle changes, not being able to eat or drink as I would like........but....I am so looking forward to not feeling a failure most days when I can't stick o whatever diet plan I have decided on that day, because I couldn't stick too the previous one (aitkens , weight watchers' slimming world, Scottish slimmers, Cambridge diet, hypnosis....goes on an on and on) and of corse looking forward to getting out a chair in one movement, and taking advantage of the sales and buying clothes that I like instead of buying what fits me.

Before I made the decision to have the op, my days were hopeless and some days I was in downright dispair. I now feel full of hope for my future. So when I'm scared stiff, I just try to think of all he reasons I made my decision in the first place

So.... I can be your scared buddy. Lol. If I can do this, anyone can

(((Huggs))))

Back