• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

whoopee got a date.

Congratulations Julie I bet you are excited. Hope all goes well. Don't feel guilty we will get our turn. I am really chuffed for you good luck. Luv Sharron

hi julie no i did not have to see the psychologists i did ask why some do and some dont and i was told it depends on whether your on anti- depressants or what your doctor has written in your referral i suppose if he said you want the operation as your depressed about your wait it would probably make a difference i dont know for sure. I do hope you get a date soon. julie.

Hi Julie. Thanks for that. Its the most honest answer I've heard yet about some having a psych appt whilst others don't. I must admit when I first read it I thought "I'm not on anti-depressants, so what did my GP put on the referral form?????". Then I remembered telling him I felt suicidal at times because of my weight so I guess that's the reason for the psych appt. Went to to doctor yesterday and got weighed - another 3-4 ilbs off (can't understand kg!!!). Only trouble is my blodd pressure has rocketed from 138/90 to 176/100 so I have to go back next week to have it checked. Mind you I had just had my coil checked so she said that could a reason for the highness! Got me wondering though - would that go against me for the operation if my blood pressure is high? I know having the op reduces your blood pressure, but if it's high in the first place, will that affect their decision to operate?

hi julie i know that when i got my referral i had been under my doctor for five years with monthly appts because i have fibromyalgia and over those five years my doctor tried every medication to help me lose my weight, until last august he said thats it we will go the surgery route hence my referral, so there was no depression or psychological issues involved.
With the blood pressure are you sure it wasnt white coat syndrome sometimes when you see you doctor and your frustrated or angry about things it can be higher, sometimes they give you a wire up to check your blood pressure as you go about your usual daily buisness for 1-2 days, i dont know if it would effect your op i would hope not but at least there is time before your pre-op for them to sort it out and bring it down, hope this helps and good luck. julie.

congratulations Juliet. Not long to go now xx

Congatulations! Thats great news!!!

Congrats on the date!!! You must be soo excited! Good luck and keep us all updated! ((Hugs))

wow well done x

Congratulations Julie! Enjoy food while you can. I am currently on the milk diet. 6 more days till my op...
xxxxxxx

Congratulations on getting your date. Good luck with your pre-op tomorrow. Don't forget to tell us all about it. Big hug, Zxx

Back