• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

sugery date SRH

perkyprincess

hi all,

well i got my date for surgery yesterday. im going to have my bypass on the 30th march. after stalking Dr Smalls secretary for the past few weeks i spoke to her yesterday and she made my day.
i had a good old blub i was just so relieved to have a date i couldnt help myself felt like a total fool didnt help that i was at work. lol his secretary said she was gonna send me my sheets out which included my pre op diets sheets what happens now? she said i would go in the day before but what happens then? any advice or info would be appriciated.

WOO HOO!!!

Start your diet,wait for an appointment probably for pre op tests then wait for your day.Up to you if you want to go in early,me Im going in the day of the op!Best of luck.Maz x

Start your diet,wait for an appointment probably for pre op tests then wait for your day.Up to you if you want to go in early,me Im going in the day of the op!Best of luck.Maz x

cheers maz i always seem to be asking loads of questions im just quite a nervy person and i like to know exactly whats gonna happen. lol

well done honey great news we always said we were about a week apart so is mr small doing your surgery cos mr schroders now doing mine . watch out losers bench we are on our way

xxxx

Reactions: Bev
Congratulations hun im soo pleased for you xxx

hi girls thats fab fab news about your dates!! :D

Im just wondering when your third appointments were so i could roughly work out when i might hear haha xx

Reactions: Bev
That is absolutely fantastic, I bet Yr over the moon. And so wat if you blubbed there's nowt wrong in that.

Take care and soon you will be on the losers bench wiv sugga xxxxxx

thanks everyone im just so excited. Dr Small is going to be doing my surgery well for now that is until they change their minds and give me some one else. but to be honest im not really bothered im getting it done. xxx

Hia honey and congratulations on getting your date, that is great news!

You will get your liver shrinking diet sheet etc soon. You will be given a choice of 2 diets, the milk diet and the low fat, low carb, low cal diet. They usually like you to do the milk diet unless you're diabetic or can't tolerate milk. You begin the diet 10 days pre-op.

About a week pre-op or there-abouts, you'll have an appointment for your pre-op. Here they'll take bloods, do an ECG, check your weight (very important that you have maintained your weight loss target), check your BP and take MRSA swabs.

You will be admitted about 4pm the day before surgery and the junior and senior docs (but not usually consultant ie. Mr Small) will come and see you and check you over again, and get you to sign the consent form. You get a last supper - fruit and yoghurt....and then if you're having a morning operation you will be starved from midnight. You'll also have a blood-thinning injection.
The dietician will be in to see you and go through the post-op diet either that day or the day after the op.
Usually early morning (if you're going to theatre in the morning) you get up, showered, into sexy white anti-embolism stockings and theatre gown. The anaesthetist will come and see you, and probably the surgeon (ie Mr Small etc) too.....and then just wait your turn!

Hope that helps!
Grace xxx

Wow grace that has help me too thanks. I'm getting excited (I'm on the endoscopy list) just reading all these positive messages sent to one another, strangers brought together with one goal ahead for us all to achieve.

Thanks xxxx

Wow grace that has help me too thanks. I'm getting excited (I'm on the endoscopy list) just reading all these positive messages sent to one another, strangers brought together with one goal ahead for us all to achieve.

Thanks xxxx

Podgie, that's what we're all about on here. Stick around honey and it will soon be your turn love. Are you on the waiting list yet?
I've been in SRH bariatric ward 3 times now so I know their routine very well!
Grace xxx

Yes grace I am, Iv got to lose 5kg before my endoscopy date (not sure when that is though iv got to fone up weekly if need be) but Iv started my carb, fat and sugar cut down. So it's not such a shock to my body.

I'm hoping for 1st week in June (alittle positive mental attitude lols) but I'm so plzed now I'm on the list.

Why 3 times for you?

Take care Sara xxxx

thanks grace thats helped me to , ive got to do the low carb diet cos of my diabetes but kim was very kind to email it to me weeks ago so i know what to expect. still paranoid that i'll get to that pre op and they say no sorry youve but weight on when i know i havent, but you know me paranoid anna

quick question and possibly a silly one but hey you know me - will i need to wear non wired bras after the op ? i remember someone saying the wires might rub on you where youve been cut or am i making this up .

non wired bras are best, asda do a cheap sports bra for £4 each i bought a couple of them x

Good luck Perky, the lovely spring days will be waiting for you to rest and recover... great news... love and hugs xxx

Yes grace I am, Iv got to lose 5kg before my endoscopy date (not sure when that is though iv got to fone up weekly if need be) but Iv started my carb, fat and sugar cut down. So it's not such a shock to my body.

I'm hoping for 1st week in June (alittle positive mental attitude lols) but I'm so plzed now I'm on the list.

Why 3 times for you?

Take care Sara xxxx

Hi Sara, great to hear you'e on the list. I think you can relax a bit then and just wait it out, knowing your turn will come!
Re: why 3 times - Unfortunately I've had some complications that meant an emergency admission in October (8 weeks after my bypass) and another admission last week for investigations.

thanks grace thats helped me to , ive got to do the low carb diet cos of my diabetes but kim was very kind to email it to me weeks ago so i know what to expect. still paranoid that i'll get to that pre op and they say no sorry youve but weight on when i know i havent, but you know me paranoid anna

quick question and possibly a silly one but hey you know me - will i need to wear non wired bras after the op ? i remember someone saying the wires might rub on you where youve been cut or am i making this up .

LOL Chris, you've done so well with your weight loss, you've been brilliant love! Like Liz says, I avoided wired bras for a few weeks. One of your incisions will be central just below your (.)(.) just where your bra sits and it can rub a bit. I actually went bra-less at home for a few days too!

Speaking of bras...I really need to bite the bullet and get myself to M&S to get fitted properly! My last bra is now a bit on the big side!

Hi Perky Princess, congratulations on getting your date, when were you put on the list?

Also thank you Grace, great information, I was put on the list on 21st December, can't wait to get my date, Karen x

Back