• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Got my TT date

gbone

I used to be super obese
Having seen the surgeon on aug 11th,this morning I had my appointment through for 14th sept,I rang to confirm and asked about the appointment thinking this was a routine appointment and the lady said that is the date of the surgery and that it will be done that afternoon.

I am amazed and still in shock a bit ,first and only meeting with the surgeon(lasted 5 mins,I literally pulled my T-shirt up and he said yes) then 2 weeks later I have my date for the surgery.So since I got the funding its took 5 weeks to the date of surgery.

It all seems to be going a bit quick for me like Ive missed something.When do I get checked for various things or have pictures taken and whatnot like so many of you have experienced.I feel as though at this rate my skin will be cut off before anyone has really looked at me,I have never been weighed apart from once by my gp months ago to get the funding.

It all seems too easy

I had to go tot he hospital 2 weeks before my surgery for my pre-op assessment. I was weighed, had blood taken, had swabs taken for MRSA and then ran through all the other health checks and given information on the surgery with the nurse. I wasn't weighed at the doctors when I first went but I was on my initial appointment with the plastic surgeon, when she agreed to put me on the list. I didn't have to wait for funding.

Were you sent a list of things to take with you?

Good luck with your surgery, i'm sure you're gonna be pleased. Keep us informed.

Last edited:
I have had no mention of a pre op assessment I rang about this and the lady said that the op is being done that day no mention of coming back again.I assume they will do things on the day different checks and things,all the letter says is I can have a light meal before 7.30 that day and nothing after,and to stop smoking 2 weeks before the date(I feel this will be harder than the dieting).

I have never been into hospital in my life,what do you take in(he said I would stay for 3 days) I havent a clue what to do and am shitting myself I cant wait to finally have a normal stomach but its all on me so quick.

How bad is the swelling and the pain after do you look fatter for a while or are you you sort of bloated but in shape(if that makes sense),are you happier swollen and in pain than you were before do you actually see and feel that you have a regular belly?.I cannot imagine life without this flap of skin I cant begin to think what I will look like without it having a normal stomach is something I never dreamed of.I will actually be able to run without making a noise:lol:

As for the funding my gp applied for me first before he would even refer me to the surgeon as he said a lot of others see the surgeon he says yes and then they cant get the funding which to me is stupid as it sets you up all excited then the pct lets you down.I wish every person who gets a TT had to go through the same process and criteria,its bizarre how some people like me and you have had next to no bother getting the funding and in your case the surgery,and others who are just as deserving get refused point blank or have to jump through hoops

Hi, it definitely sounds like that's your date!!

Along with your usual toiletries, take along a book or 2, 2 loose nighties and a dressing gown, slippers, your phone and charger, and make sure you have loose tracky bottoms to wear to come out of hospital. I'm sure there are other things and if I remember i'll reply again!

To be honest it was a breeze for me but I didn't have MR as I didn't need it and I stopped taking painkillers whilst in the hospital. I was shocked that I couldn't get any of my clothes on after - i couldnt even get my jeans up my legs and only got them on last week. (The swelling was from my rib cage to my knees, but this only showed from after a week or so and I never saw a single bruise on me.) i'm now 11 weeks post op and still swollen particularly on one side. But saying that, I'm very pleased with the scar and the fact I only have 2 stretch marks on my stomach :D The odd thing was, for a long time I still felt as if it was there, especially when lying down on my side I'd have to put a cushion under my stomach (a bit like when someone loses a limb and they can still feel it) lol

If you need any other information, please just ask; I certainly couldnt have got by without the people on Minimins as I had a definite lack of information from the hospital.

Good luck

congratulations on TT date , i've been to doctors this morning and finally plucked up courage to show her my tummy she says she will write to plastics team . Is this a good sign it all seems a minefield.
I had a huge twin pregnancy 11 years ago and have recently lost 6 stone in weight and my tummy has suffered its so ugly i cant look at it .
any advice would be welcome .
good luck with your TT.
:)

, 2 loose nighties

To be honest it was a breeze for me but I didn't have MR as I didn't need it and I stopped taking painkillers whilst in the hospital.

If you need any other information, please just ask; I certainly couldnt have got by without the people on Minimins as I had a definite lack of information from the hospital.

Good luck

Nighties!!!!! I am a man lets hope you thought I am a woman or my cross dressing secret is out:rolleyes:

What is MR? I am guessing at musle realignment or something am I miles off?.One of my pcts criteria was weakened muscles but no one ever checked mine.

Should I buy anything for after like bandages or compression garments?.

when you say you swelled from ribcage to knees how bad are we talking.I know it sounds ungrateful but I dont want to look fat again I dont mind going up a jeans size for a month or two but I have visions of looking like a beachball again:eek:.I mean I see some pics 3-4 weeks or so after and people look a bit swollen and red but they look in shape

congratulations on TT date , i've been to doctors this morning and finally plucked up courage to show her my tummy she says she will write to plastics team . Is this a good sign it all seems a minefield.
I had a huge twin pregnancy 11 years ago and have recently lost 6 stone in weight and my tummy has suffered its so ugly i cant look at it .
good luck with your TT.

For me my gp applied for the funding and waited for approval before he would even refer me to the surgeon,his thinking was once youve got the funding the surgeon is just the last small hurdle.I have friends who went the other way surgeon wants to do it now their gps wont apply for funding for them,who knows? every case you see everybody got there a slightly different way.My recommendation and what worked out alright for me, get a formal letter of funding or try to first then approach the surgeon

Nighties!!!!! I am a man lets hope you thought I am a woman or my cross dressing secret is out:rolleyes:

What is MR? I am guessing at musle realignment or something am I miles off?.One of my pcts criteria was weakened muscles but no one ever checked mine.

Should I buy anything for after like bandages or compression garments?.

when you say you swelled from ribcage to knees how bad are we talking.I know it sounds ungrateful but I dont want to look fat again I dont mind going up a jeans size for a month or two but I have visions of looking like a beachball again:eek:.I mean I see some pics 3-4 weeks or so after and people look a bit swollen and red but they look in shape

Haha no nighties for you then - or maybe ..... lol

Yes MR is muscle repair or realiginment; mine was checked on morning of surgery and he thought he wouldn't have to do it, but wouldn't know for sure until i was 'exposed' lol

I went up from a size 10 to 12 (and still struggling to get back down to be honest) but they only removed 1.2kg of skin from me, however, the swelling made me gain 9lbs and my weight is fluctuating a lot and apparently can do (along with the swelling) for 12 months.

But at the end of the day it IS worth it.

good luck with your TT.

Hi Jo, how long have you been losing weight - my PCT said 2 years maintaining but I had actually been only dieting for 2 years and maintaining for a year.

Seems like you're in a good starting position though as reading on here, a lot of doctors won't even consider writing to the plastic surgeon.

Good luck

Back