• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Granted funding today ... St Thomas's info

TempleBelle

New to site, so please bare with me ...

Today I was told the good news my funding had been granted. Doc called me in under the pretence of something else so he could tell me. I had to choose a hospital there and then from a long list............. and my mind went blank to all the names and advice I have previously been given ! ! ! So I went with Guys and St Thomas's as knew it would be easy for me to travel too , as some on the list were in places I hadn't even heard of !

Was wondering, has anyone here had ops there, or could fill me in on waiting lists, what they are like and so on please :)

New to site, so please bare with me ...

Today I was told the good news my funding had been granted. Doc called me in under the pretence of something else so he could tell me. I had to choose a hospital there and then from a long list............. and my mind went blank to all the names and advice I have previously been given ! ! ! So I went with Guys and St Thomas's as knew it would be easy for me to travel too , as some on the list were in places I hadn't even heard of !

Was wondering, has anyone here had ops there, or could fill me in on waiting lists, what they are like and so on please :)
woohoo welcome to the site mate, im sure someone will be along in a minute who can help you, good luck :) xxx

Hi
I am under a Mr.Botha at St.Thomas'. I had my first appointment September 2011 and had my Triple appointment a few days ago.
I was told that they do Gastric bands as a Day Surgery and they get through those quicker, he said they had 150 to do before the end of April ! I was initially under the impression I was to have a Gastric sleeve but, was told at the triple appointment I am to have a band, was assured the list is shorter than any other procedure they do. I am , likely, to have Op in June this year.
I was also told I was too ''light'' (though I am a hefty 20st 10lbs ) for the Sleeve ! Was very disappointed at first but, on reflection now, am happy with that choice.
Hope you hear something soon

Fantastic news on your funding xxxxx

Thanks for replies :)

And thank you Jax, first one I have come across from St Thomas'.

I have been told I should have my first appointment there within 8 weeks, then your guess is as good as mine it would seem!

Sort of caught on the hop by my own GP today and had to tick a box there and then, so think I may have to go back and see him/ring him to see if I made the right choice !

Hope you get to hear soon Jax

great news on the funding xxxx

well done on ur funding xxx

Welcome to the site n congrats on ur funding xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Welcome to the site

welcome to the forum, hopefully there will be a few more St Thomas's patients along to give more information.

wendy x

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

I had my bypass at St Thomas' in January. I was on the waiting list for just over a year but I know they are working hard to bring it down.

Good luck with your journey, I'll be keeping an eye out for your progress!

Delicious Jax is the only other G&St T patient I know of, so it's lovely to have another person on board!

When I saw the dietician a few weeks back she said they were starting up support groups for sleevers and by-passers and another one for banders to get together and share our experiences. Hope to see you there soon!!!

well done with funding and good luck with the journey :)

Dinda, did you have your funding already in place when you went onto the waiting list , if you don't mind me asking ?

Sharon x x

Back