• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Great News At Last

Rebirth

At long last I have finally got a date for my gastric bypass. My op is scheduled for the 4th September.

As some of you know my surgery was delayed as I had a course of psychotherapy. It took a long time for my lst appointment with the psychotherapist to come through as I was booked into the Spire and accessing this was difficult as I'm funded by the NHS.

I saw Mr Li on Monday when I was told that his bookings were going into October. However he was hoping to get a date on a Saturday in early September and would book me in. Well I got a call from Janine on Wednesday about 9am to say that he hadn't managed to get a slot and then 10 minutes later she phoned me back to tell me that his secretary had phoned and I'm booked in for the 4th. I think I deafened her with the amount of whooping etc. My girls came running into the room to check that I was alright.

It still feels unreal and I keep pinching myself to see if I'm really awake. My family have been very supportive. Now we have to work out how to get the girls from school whilst I'm unable to drive. If the worst comes to the worst they can go to After School Club.

Sticking to my pre-op diet is so much easier now I have a date. Thanks for all your support during my sporadic postings. I'll keep you informed.

Rebirth xx

That is fantastic news!
Not long now at all eh? Which is great, as not so long to get nervous.

I'm really pleased for you. xxxxxx

Congrats hun!! It really is the most exciting day, huh?!!?

Very best wishes and I will be thinking of you xxx

Thrilled for you, that's brilliant!

Congratulations xx
You have Mr Li...he is my surgeon too, he is lovely and a damn good surgeon from my experience. I had my surgery with him at Spire Regency Macclesfield.
Steph xx

Fabulous news rebirth you will shortly have to change your name to reborn.:)

Thanks for all the messages and support. I've sorted through some of the clothes in my wardrobe and put them in size order ready for the shrinking me. Once I have my surgery I will be getting rid of some of the clothes that will never fit me again. I am so looking forward to the journey and discovering the new me. My eldest has designed me a dress for when I am slimmer. I just hope that I'm able to make it. She thinks I'm capable of anything.

Today the girls and I made marrow and apple chutney. They had a great time picking the apples from the over hanging branches of next doors tree. I ended up having to peel them all when they realised that there were some insects and worst still spiders lurking amongst them.

So far I've lost 7kgs since being on the liver diet. That's just over a stone and for once it won't be coming back on. Hurrah. Tomorrow will be hard as we have communal lunch at church. There are some good cooks there. I might have to take a walk in the park during dinner time to avoid temptation.

My forms arrived today from the Spire. I have to fill them in and return them prior to surgery.

Have a good night all.

Rebirth

Rebirth

Chuffingly fab news P! Im so pleased for you! Hope to see you on the 1st and give you a woo hoo hug! x

:)Great news P-am delighted your time has come:)

ps hope you survived your "meal" at church today!

Thanks Julie, I managed to survive by being the last one to eat. All the tempting stuff had gone and there was a drumstick, cheese and salad left. I did have a spoonful of my daughters pudding...

Back