• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Got my date at last

claire36uk

Hi all, I haven't been posting for a while but i have been reading on how well you are doing, and your all doing so well :)

I thought i would let you know that i got my phone call from Birmingham Heartlands on friday telling me my operation date is 29th September, I was told that i need to start the pre op diet at the end of August and was told that i need to lose 1-2 stone :eek: not sure if i am going to be able to lose that amount in the time given so i am going to start now and have a real go at trying to lose the amount they have asked me too, the last thing i want is to be refused the operation because i havent lost enough. I have decided to do Slim Fast as i dont eat alot anyway till the evening ( which is my worse time of day ).
I have very mixed emotions at the moment about it all, was so excited when i got off the phone but then i went to collect my children from school, told what i thought was a friend i had my date and she said well lets hope you dont die on the operating table, so that has now put doubt in my mind and took the excitement away from it all, I came home and burst into tears to my hubby and said well if i do die at least i have died trying to be happy, i just couldnt believe someone i thought was a friend could say something like that to me.
Anyway enough of all that i just thought i'd update you all with whats going on and that you will see alot more of me from now on.

Poor you, Claire. Don't let this put a downer on your good news.

People often show their own worries in the most inappropriate ways. The press re: WLS is not always positive, perhaps your friend will go away and do some research and come back with the correct supportive reaction.

Others have had negative reactions to their WLS and I am sure some will be along soon with some good advice.

Hugs to you and Yay! You've got your date!!!!

Lx

Glad you've got your date, and don't listen to any negativity hun:eek:You know you have made the right choice, and that's all that matters :D:D

I am so sorry your friend said that to you. My mother said something similar just before my husband had surgery and it really upset me. (((HUGS))) Everything will be fine and you will do amazingly well!

congratulations you must be excited i know i will be wen i get my date also thats wen the buterflys will really start. i bet your freind said that without thinking because she cant stand the thought of anything going wrong for you and it just came out. good luck

Can't people be cruel, often without even realising it? I remember years ago I got the house broken into, my mum just said to me 'I wouldn't worry about it, you didn't have a lot to start with did you?' She also told me that my youngest son looked like a cabbage patch doll when he was born. Both comments really upset me at the time.

You'll be fine, don't let it upset you because you have exciting times ahead and the start of a new life..

Take care and good luck.

Great news about your date Claire, but sorry your so called friend wasnt supportive.

You will get all the support you need on here sweetheart. People who dont have a weight problem cannot possibly understand how desperate and sad we feel, and what drives us to WLS as a last resort.

Ive started a thread for pre oppers who are trying to lose weight. Come and join us for morale support hun. We'll all help each other xx

Howdy

Some ppl have a disease called " foot in mouth" LOL.........Don't let this put you off any decision you have made. Remember why you are doing this , for you , nobody else.............think of the long term goal/achievement your are working towards, this will out weigh (no pun intended) any negative/off the wall remarks x x

All the best -MeJulie xx

The girls are right Claire you will be fine, remember why you are doing it, so you will have more time with your children, and be able to do more with them as you lose your weight.
Julies right some people cant keep their feet out of their mouths, but they are usually people who arent happy with themselves for whatever reason
Who wouldnt be pleased for you?? You will be achieving your goal, and I will looking to you and the others for courage when I get my date lol
Excellent news hunny bunny xx

Jay

Thank you all for your lovely comments, i am so glad i came across this site and have got all your support, my so called friend does speak before she thinks i have to admit but she has known i haven been going for this for sometime, i guess she is just jealous thats all, she is no way going to sway me away from going ahead but that thought i had at the back of my head she has now managed to push to the front of it, time to think of something else i think. Just been tesco's and got my chewable multivitamins, starting to get a stash in now of everything i am going to need whilst its all on offer, even brought some new knickers ( hope Mr Super likes them ) lol. Thanks again for all your kind words of support and i am sure you will be hearing alot more from me at the run up to pre op diet and operation date and of course afterwards, been to car boot today and got some low fat cookbooks and smoothie recipes so its all getting in place now.

Claire XXXX

HiYa Claire,
Congratulations on getting your operation date 29th September. Thats great news, So sorry your friend was so insensitive, she's probably just jealous, I have faith in you losing some weight before your op, so you go girl, we are all here for you and will be helping you along the way.
Good luck!

Hi all, I haven't been posting for a while but i have been reading on how well you are doing, and your all doing so well :)

I thought i would let you know that i got my phone call from Birmingham Heartlands on friday telling me my operation date is 29th September, I was told that i need to start the pre op diet at the end of August and was told that i need to lose 1-2 stone :eek: not sure if i am going to be able to lose that amount in the time given so i am going to start now and have a real go at trying to lose the amount they have asked me too, the last thing i want is to be refused the operation because i havent lost enough. I have decided to do Slim Fast as i dont eat alot anyway till the evening ( which is my worse time of day ).
I have very mixed emotions at the moment about it all, was so excited when i got off the phone but then i went to collect my children from school, told what i thought was a friend i had my date and she said well lets hope you dont die on the operating table, so that has now put doubt in my mind and took the excitement away from it all, I came home and burst into tears to my hubby and said well if i do die at least i have died trying to be happy, i just couldnt believe someone i thought was a friend could say something like that to me.
Anyway enough of all that i just thought i'd update you all with whats going on and that you will see alot more of me from now on.

It's ignorance Claire and a warped sense of caring that make people (especially close ones) blurt these sort of things out...and a bit of insensitivity too. I'm sure she did not mean to be so 'mean'.

But you are right about one thing...you are trying and that takes a lot of courage.

Good luck with everything and please keep us posted.

(((hugs)))

Congrats on getting a date :)

Thank you all so much, warped sense of caring sounds about right, but time to leave her behind now and move on forward. Margaret when i seen the dietician at the hospital they said there is a maximum of 6 weeks and a minimum of 4 weeks on the pre op diet so i think i got off a bit lightly lol. I am even going to be good and not smoke a week before having it done either ( thats going to be a toughy ) but had a bad experience with coming out of aneasthetic when ihad my gall bladder out and i think that was down to me smoking like a chimney an hour before the operation. Willkeep you all posted and when feeling braver will even put up a ticker!!! X

Congratulations on getting a date Clare. My friend said the same thing but later admitted it was just out of sheer worry for me and she apologised so don't let it get to you. No- one really understands unless you have been fighting the battle we all have throughout our lives and they do tend to suffer from "foot and mouth disease" We are all here in this together and we will support each other every step of the way. Good Luck to you and sending you a big hug xx

Hi Claire congratulations on getting your date. Sorry your friend brought you down with a bang. One thing I think others forget is that we have done our research and we know what can happen but if we don't do this the same thing could happen anyway. Also some people have a funny way of showing they care. Your friends on here certainly won't be bringing you back down, was going to send some balloons to keep you floating on the happy clouds but couldn't get the smilies to open. Good luck I will be thinking of you.

Hi Claire, congratulations on getting your op date. I bet your friend went home and kicked herself for saying that. She probably did'nt mean it as she said it and will probably be regretting opening her mouth. You're going to be fine and when you're chasing the kids round the playground you can just tell her that this is why you had your op. So you could enjoy your children for a very long and healthy lifetime.

Back