• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Great news - For me anyway

Perissa

My GP has had a letter from my WLS surgeon saying that he is happy for my knee surgery to go ahead.

My GP is going to write to my consultant asking him to see me asap.

How cool is that!!!!

I'll probably have to have the MRI's etc done again as my knees have become so much worse in the last year. I wonder if instead of fixing them he will go ahead and replace them. Last time I saw him he said that he would try and get another ten years out of them as I am so young (42) but he wasn't sure as they are shot to pieces.

I have a subluxating patella on my left knee and a torn cruciate ligament on my right knee. I tore my cruciate because of the pressure I was putting on that knee trying to save my other knee. Now that is far more painful than my left knee. My left knee dislocates about 3 to 4 hundred times a day, sometimes more. It is nigh on impossible for me to go up or down stairs. At home I go upstairs on all fours and come down side ways SLOWLY hanging onto the banister like grim death as they have a nasty habit of giving out on me. Running, cycling etc is totally out of the question. My knee even dislocates when I turn over in bed! It is sooooo intensly painful. It usually clicks straight back in but once it stayed out for three days. Funnily enough when it is 'out' it isn't painful just uncomfortable and I can't straighten my leg, but going in and out is agony. My right knee, is the same injury that footballers do, hurts all the time. It is very unstable with a medial/lateral imbalance. In other word it doesn't just bend back to front but also side to side.

Hi
That's great news your going to be seen , it sounds awful and your so young as well . I have osteoarthritis and that's bad enough but thank god it doesn't pop out . I like your horse photo . When did you get your bypass ? Good luck and take care .
MARGARET XX

54 reads and only 1 reply. I really am not part of the clique am I!!

Thank you Margaret - I was doomed to have bad knees from birth because not only was I born with congenital hip dysplasia but I also have hypermobility in both my knees (and my elbows) so its actually nothing to do with being overweight!! I didn't get over weight until 1995 when I had a serious car accident and piled the weight on afterwards. My knees were already shot to pieces then. Being seriously into horses and martial arts didn't exactly help them either!!!

The horse in the photo is my pride and joy Dennis. He lives up to his name.

I have my bypass almost 7 months ago and don't regret it in the slightest :D

Dennis is a brilliant name for a horse. Sorry, would have been offline and so didn't respond sooner - really glad you are able to have yr knee op. it sounds totally disabling - will he decide to go for a new knee at yr consultation?

Hope it happens nice and quick for you . my friend has had both her knees done and like you although she is only young with similar problems they put off doing it for years. She says its the best thing she has ever done and if in 20 yrs they are worn out they may have developed new tech by then or like she says she will of had 20 of the best years of her life and will be ready for slowing down.
good luck
hc

Hi PERISSA
not been on long myself, thats great news about your knee surgery given the trauma and pain they are causing you. Wishing you all the best. Thanks to as a pre op for the part of the post stating you don't regret your bypass its so helpful for nervous me.
Ps Dennis is lovely i adore horses myself xx

Dennis is a brilliant name for a horse. Sorry, would have been offline and so didn't respond sooner - really glad you are able to have yr knee op. it sounds totally disabling - will he decide to go for a new knee at yr consultation?

He has a posh name too, all my horses have posh names and stable names.

Ecuador is Dennis
Brouncers Maddy is Holly
Merry Molinia of Netherly is Minnie
Darkhorse Mystro is Morris

No idea what he will decide I suppose it depends on how much they have degenerated since I last saw him.

Hope it happens nice and quick for you . my friend has had both her knees done and like you although she is only young with similar problems they put off doing it for years. She says its the best thing she has ever done and if in 20 yrs they are worn out they may have developed new tech by then or like she says she will of had 20 of the best years of her life and will be ready for slowing down.
good luck
hc

In many ways I want knee replacements, I have lived with pain for so long it will be well weird living without it!

Hi PERISSA
not been on long myself, thats great news about your knee surgery given the trauma and pain they are causing you. Wishing you all the best. Thanks to as a pre op for the part of the post stating you don't regret your bypass its so helpful for nervous me.
Ps Dennis is lovely i adore horses myself xx

Somewhere I have a journal on here but haven't updated it for some time. In comparison to quite a few on here my journey has been a walk in the park. I've had a few glitches but nothing more. The thing to remember is to keep a positive mental attitude and you will be fine!!

Wonderful news Perissa! Hoping for the best for you! How are you dear, I never see you post? How are you feeling besides your knees?

Keep us posted hun.

Nic:D:D:D

Wonderful news Perissa! Hoping for the best for you! How are you dear, I never see you post? How are you feeling besides your knees?

Keep us posted hun.

Nic:D:D:D

Hi Nic,

I'm fine thanks, doing really well :). I do post, not masses but I do post ;).
I have very tired days and tired days but other than that fine - how are you? You look fab in your pics.

V x

Hi Nic,

I'm fine thanks, doing really well :). I do post, not masses but I do post ;).
I have very tired days and tired days but other than that fine - how are you? You look fab in your pics.

V x

I am doing well hun, and thanks :eek:. I haven't been tired much, but everyone is different as we are contstantly reminded on the wls journey. I hope you are taking good care of yourself! I know you have a busy lifestyle with taking care of your animals so make sure you eat and take your supplements. You and I are just a couple days apart in this journey, are you happy with how it has gone? I am having my 7 month check-up tomorrow and I am so happy with my progress, I really thought it was going to take longer to get this far.

;)Nic

I am doing well hun, and thanks :eek:. I haven't been tired much, but everyone is different as we are contstantly reminded on the wls journey. I hope you are taking good care of yourself! I know you have a busy lifestyle with taking care of your animals so make sure you eat and take your supplements. You and I are just a couple days apart in this journey, are you happy with how it has gone? I am having my 7 month check-up tomorrow and I am so happy with my progress, I really thought it was going to take longer to get this far.

;)Nic

I am taking care of myself, even bought myself some new makeup and some perfume - ME wear perfume unheard of! I haven't bought many clothes - no point yet!!
At my 6 month checkup I had lost another 5 stone 4 lbs so total weight loss is just over 6 stone. I am very happy with that as over half way to my second goal. My first goal was 15 stone, second goal is 12, after that who knows!

I don't regret surgery one bit but can't help but be a bit worried that after my next, which is my last, checkup I am out on my own.

You've done so well and are an inspiration :happy096:

Back