• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help with dilema knee Op

babalon

I peeps, I'm on the waiting list to have a Gastric Band fitted due around the end of July - beginning of August so they tell me.

My problem lies in that I'm also waiting to have op on my right knee under keyhole surgery. Does anyone know if there is a certain amount of time I have to allow between ops? I've been offered the 7th July for my knee op & don't know if I should go ahead & take it with my band being just a few weeks later. I personally think that I will be fine having had the op itself before, I have torn cartilage. What do you think I should do don't want to run the risk of Gastric surgeon saying he won't op unless I'm post op by 6wks or something from any previous ops!!

Please help with some advise if you can. Thanks Sasha :( x

I have had 9 ops in the past 3 years and timings have been key as you can imagine. Generally the surgeons have all said 3 months between ops but when a problem arose, not surgery related, they did one 8 weeks after the other. People do have multiple ops in short spaces of time but these are usually in emergency situations. When I had knee replacements the surgeons were additionally manic regarding possible infections and always wanted to ensure that the previous op didn't result in anything.

Good luck and HTH

M

I would cancel the knee op for a later date.

I was also due to have keyhole surgery for torn cartilage in my right knee in August 2011 and the orthopaedic surgeon (private) suggested waiting until I'd had the Gastric sleeve as loosing the weight may well improve my condition. Since having the gastric sleeve in September 2011 and loosing the weight I now have no pain in my knee at all, and that was noticeable within 3 weeks, I now walk for miles and have no pain at all.
I would wait and see how you get on after your WLS

Thanks guys for all your advice. Thinking maybe I need to postpone the knee op then. I'm just desperate to get it sorted in time to be fit to fly on 23rd Oct as I'm booked to go to Florida! Really appreciate all your help...thank you x

Back