• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Booze after bypass

jammyjaney

I saw my surgen today for the first time after my op(just over 5 weeks ago)
He said that my weight loss was going well and was pleased with my results!
He also said that i could now start to have a glass of wine if i wanted as it would not do any harm, but i would get pissed fairly easy!

How did everyone else get on with drinking after? I'm not a big drinking, just would like to start enjoying going out on a sat night with my friends again!

Thanks! xx

My friend found that she couldn't handle drinks like lager, beer, etc but did much better with dry wine. She said things like lager and beer caused something called "dumping syndrome" which she didn't explain in detail but it really didn't sound nice!

hiya

Im still to test it out, but as far as i know drinking is fine. but stay away from fizzy.

They say wine if you like it, or a spirit with water , try and stay away from sugary drinks because of dumping .

Ill be having vodka and fresh orange juice when i start with alot of juice as see what happends.

Like with everything we do , its a new adventure we are born again. get it down you and have a good night i know i will

But no getting drunk and stagger singing all the way to the kebab shop . YOUR BARRED FROM THERE

Hey,
Well i tested it out last night, had 2 very small glasses of wine and felt great lol, got the effect i wanted, 3 and i think i would of been on the floor. Cant wait for a night out with my friends now!

well did u all know that after getting legless u r still able to drive legally 3 hours after because it would have left ur body because ur bypassed lol, i drink cider and black i have no probs with fizzy stuff had 4 pints lol 2 hours later i was stone cold sober lol, very rare i drink only on special occasions which means once a year in my book lol, anyway take care every1 oh by the way sara im sure u r a cheap date lmao xxx

Back