• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Green eyed monster

charliegirl

Well I never ever thought that fact that I had to loose weight for my health would make people I work with so jealous! Boy they are a funny bunch and I dont mean funny ha ha....if I was slimmer than them I could understand it but I am getting comments like "dont loose any more weight" "you never eat" etc etc....I wont change my life for them I only ever do that for me and my kids....but it does wind me up that people cannot go to work, do the job and have a laugh along the way, we spend 10 hours a shift with each other wouldn't you think they would want a laugh...I have all this pent up fun in me that wants to laugh with people and let them laugh at me but they prefer a good old *****ing session.....where am I going wrong....lol...night night all I am off to my bed....xx

I think what it boils down to is that YOU are able to make changes in your life for the better and they resent the fact that they do not have the strength to do the same, it doesnt have to be weight loss it can be anything that dissatisfies them in their life. And thats what makes them BI*** or put their oar in.

Set about having a laugh/fun anyway see which way they jump, could be they suddenly realise that it helps the day go faster if they join in, be a trend setter

Great advice from tender there, hun.

The green-eyed monster is their problem, not yours. You have taken control of your demon, let them deal with theirs.

Now shake what ya momma gave ya in yer size 14s baby! :D

I agree with the others people are only ever nasty through jelousy (I tell my 6 year old it all the time)
I can imagine 9 as I have a little grren eyed monster in me a girl at work (my best friend) once lost almost 6 stone on SW and I was never nasty to her but I often though right STOP dont lose any more, why is she so goo at the diet business etc....
I know its wrong but its human nature, we all see things in people that we like (and dislike) and things we like soetimes make us envious. Dont take it to heart its because you are doing so well that they ae making these comments, you are showing them what they have never seen in you. They are used to the "old" you the one that was not a "threat" to them (Dont mean that nasty AT ALL) they dont want you losing more weight and being slimmer or the same size as them. They are comfy with how it was no one likes change and they see you becoming a new person as change and probably think that your inner will change as much as your look. Honestly Hun its a good thing in the end, they are probably thinking in the back of their minds how brave you are and that god help them if they put weight on hopefully they can do what youv'e done.
xxxx
Hope that wasnt just ramble, I know what I am trying to say but its not come out great xxxx
Helen

I work in a team of 7 and I have had flowers delivered a lovely get well card and the other day I had a card of one of the girls at work Reading

Tina Hope everything went ok in hospital I have been thinking off you new year, new you with you new body. Youre a great person, lovely personality always happy, smiley and helpful. Dont ever change Luv from Jen

which I thought was lovely

I think sometimes people see the fact that you have lost weight a threat that all of a sudden you are going to turn into a man eating moster who wants to be the centre of attention. I have a friend how even though I haven't even had my op keeps putting in little sneaky comments especially when we have all hd a drink, like I'm gonna be your fat friend now, don't have it done because you will change and now her hubby is saying I think its a bad idea you'll change things won't be the same, and it came out just after christmas that she is worried that I am going to make a move on her man and that says more about her insecurities than anything but sadly I think our friendship will suffer as a result of this. People at work are probably thinking that now you are there more in the forefront having a laugh and a joke not sitting in the corner keeping yourself to yourself that you are going to take over and maybe split up friendships and loyalties. But that says more about their problems and issues.

Sometimes people do not think aboout what they are saying and say the first thing that comes into their head, a friend of mine the other day was told at work that she looking tired and haggered and with drawn and needs to put weight on. She had her op done 18 months age and sometimes looks tired as she is a nurse doing strange shifts and also has a family of 4 kids aged between 13 and 4 so who wouldn't look tired and haggard sometimes. As the saying goes there ix nought as queer as folk.

Keep going Linda you are doingg really well, I for one love reading about your journey and seeing the change inyou through your posts.

Linda, having met you, all i can think of is that they are threatened by you, you're pretty, your a nice person, you have afab personality and anyone on here can vouch for the fact that you care for people and would walk over hot coals to help someone. Match that with a kick-ass body that's due very soon by the rate ur going...of course they're intimidated x x x

Ah thanks girls you all said lovely things which I will store in my head for when I am in there company and reply them....they are such a boring bunch....one of the blue eyed girls totally lost it last night in work on a call and then tried to justify it to everyone but they all formed their own opinions...mind you my ears nearly started to bleed she shouted that loud and I was right next to her lol..xx

That is the exact reason why I haven`t told anyone about the op. I have a few friends that are alot bigger than me and if I tell them I know that I will b slated behind my back through sheer jealousy. The reason being they don`t understand how it works and how hard you still have to work with a band. Ignorance is the word!!! I don`t feel like I`m cheating and thats all that matters, thats the way I see it lol. Your doing fab by the way Charliegirl xxx

Linda - Ditto Mintballs comments. Carry on Never Minding and Sod em All.

Back