• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Group session at kings.

Shadaca

Hi folks,
Tomorrow I've got my first appointment which I'm assuming is the group session at kings college hospital.
What should I expect? Do I need to take anything, and what happens next? I'm excited but scared they will say no!

Hiya,I had my op at kings..the first appointment is a group one and if I'm honest its abit boring,basically quite a few people in the same situation as u sit in the waiting room and watch a dvd on a big screen,it explains all the diff ops etc at the end u have to sign a consent form to say you still want surgery then u go home and wait for another app,which is about 4 months later,at ur 2nd app u get put on a 18month waiting list,I was lucky and got a cancelation so only waited 7 months xx

That's ages! I don't think it's going to be anything i don't already know. Frustrating!

That's the process at kings I'm afraid. Its all one big waiting game x

I am a Kings patient and waiting is def the hardest thing. I waited just over a year and then opted to pay for it rather than wait any longer as I thought I may die sooner than get a date!
Good Luck
x

That's what worries me. Is there still a chance of it not happening, or is it that once I'm in the system it will be good, just eventually?

what happened at your group session?xx

Well, we all sat down and watched the PowerPoint presentation that's online and filled in some forms. I'm really none the wiser.

Back