• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

gutted after pre op assessment today - sorry long post

Rachael, as someone who ended up having a letter of complaint sent to her for swearing, long story already discussed elsewhere! I would complain, the administration in that hospital is shocking! I am convinced that I would not have gotton my bypass when I did, if I hadn't kicked up a fuss.

I like you was worried that I might be "forgotton" but I kept going and pushed and pushed until I got the result that I was promised and I didn't roll over and hide at the first hurdle.

Go for it girl, I went through emotional hell, which I honestly think either they don't think about or perhaps, even worse didn't give a dam about!

:eek: I'm waiting to have my port 'repaired/re-sited' with SRH! :eek:

I had a barium swallow on 8th March and it's now 22nd April and they told me on Monday that the x-ray report had not yet been sent to them by the radiology department...how long does it take for goodness sake?

What an awful thing to happen to you Rachel...you have every right to complain :hug99:

sorry to hear theres been a terrible mix up at SRH, they do have 90 referals a month, yes i know thats no excuse but the nurses and surgeons are working flatt out to keep the waiting lists down and its unfortunate that this mix up has happened with you, i understand your dissapointment and your need to complain i really do, personally SRH wls team has been ok with me and has looked after me very well. i hope you get a date soon x

thanks for reading.

Liz x

i understamd your point liz, i really do, and its definately just one of those things, unfortunately those things always seem to happen to me! i'm grateful to have got even this far, but as katastrophe posted earlier what if no one had noticed until i was on the op table? tbh i dont blame anyone, i just wish this hadn't had to happen (especially to me lol)

sorry to hear theres been a terrible mix up at SRH, they do have 90 referals a month, yes i know thats no excuse but the nurses and surgeons are working flatt out to keep the waiting lists down and its unfortunate that this mix up has happened with you, i understand your dissapointment and your need to complain i really do, personally SRH wls team has been ok with me and has looked after me very well. i hope you get a date soon x

thanks for reading.

Liz x

90 per month is very low for a surgical team like that. I work in a relatively small team and we get 15 referrals per day.

I do know a lot of people that have had sucessful and event free WLS at SRH which is great, but the number of problems is way above the national average also.

Rx

Back