• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre-Op Assessment

novamay

Born Free
How near to your surgery date do you have your pre-op assessment where they take swabs and stuff?

I'm hoping to have surgery on 19th Feb, but have only recevied my pre-op diet info so far. No confirmation of the date for surgery or anything about a pre-op assessment date.

I had my pre op appt and seminars 3 wks and 5 days before my op. It should of been 4 wks and 2 days but I couldn't make it and they rebooked it for the following week. Good luck with yours :)

Hi Novamay :)

I have got my surgery on 12th February and pre-op on 28th January. I know its a different hospital but i heard a month before .

Hope you manage to get it sorted

Nicky :) x

Hi Novamay

I have called and still no date, bring told Feb. getting really frustrated! Best of luck with pre op x

I think I'll give them another week or so then phone again.

Starting Pre-op on the 1st Feb to give me an extra 9 days on it....

well ive had my pre-op and was told can be anything upto 12 wks from then :) all hosp are different.

Hi do you have to go in for an appointment before the liver diet at Sunderland?

Not sure if the Pre-Assessment is done before you start the pre-op (Sunderland have said just do 10 days prior to surgery to shrink liver) or while youre mid-way through - like the week before the surgery - to check your heart and lungs and such...

My Pre op assessment was 2 weeks before my surgery date and that was the same day I started the soup and jelly diet. They did height weight allergies, blood tests and one for tranfusion then MRSA swabs and loads of leaflets about ops an anasthetic etc. I just saw a nurse no consultant or anathestatist very efficient and all bases covered.

Last edited:
my pre op was 3 weeks before surgery same swabs blood tests etc went home to start pre op as was given date there and then x

Hi Novamay

I have called and still no date, bring told Feb. getting really frustrated! Best of luck with pre op x

Keep trying... I'm mid Feb, so you should surely be getting something through soon if you're at the back end of Feb.

My pre-op assessment date was waiting for me last night when I got home - its 8th Feb, so approx 10 days before surgery.

Back