• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gutted at postponed surgery

Rising_Sun

Chugging along
I'm a little gutted after an early morning call from Salford Royal telling me my op would not go ahead as planned. I was due for my bypass on this coming Monday 6 July, with Mr. Ammori except this morning I got a call from his secretary cancelling my surgery due to an emergency case that's come in before Mr. Ammori goes on holiday.

I was offered a new date with a stand in surgeon (Mr. Senapti) for 20 July but I am told Mr. Ammori would like to perform my surgery himself. My gut tells me to wait so I am now down for Mr Ammori's first day back from holiday on 3 August.

It was an act of military precision preparing and planning for the surgery. Just dreading asking work to reschedule my time off bang in the school summer holiday, a very busy time for my job.

Will need to change my ticker. From 4 days to 32 days to go.

cazbandy

Bring on the Trumpets!
So sorry to hear about the delay and hope you don't have too much aggro resetting all your dates.

I'd be the same as you and feel the need to weight.

Time will fly and we are all here to support you. :)

j.u.s.t.l.i.z.

Runs Srh Support Group
sorry to hear you have had a delay, time will fly and your new app will be here before you know it x

candie

fabby not flabby :)
Really sorry to hear that hun, I know how crap it is as the same thing happened to me:(:(

thinkbethin

I'm gutted for you. We count the days and then for it to be delayed is a real bummer. think of this a another step in your weight loss journey because things like this happen for a reason in my eyes.
Good luck for your date in august xx

Red 42

novice bypasser
you must be so disappointed :patback: but at least your surgeon will be more refreshed after his holiday and you'll get chance to enjoy the lovely weather we're having for a while longer.

take care.

LizzieBee

Loving being a loser!
So sorry to read that your op has been postponed, how bl**dy frustrating!

Take care
Lx

kell

:( x

Fashionably Late

is a skinny size XS & 6!
I am so sorry! I would be incredibly frustrated as well.

Gail-michelle

likes to post
Hi there rising sun , I am surpose to have my surgery on the 10th July with Mr Ammori at the spire Hospital Manchester. Are you sure he is on his holls, because no-one has contacted me to say any different. Kind regards Gail:break_diet:
I'm a little gutted after an early morning call from Salford Royal telling me my op would not go ahead as planned. I was due for my bypass on this coming Monday 6 July, with Mr. Ammori except this morning I got a call from his secretary cancelling my surgery due to an emergency case that's come in before Mr. Ammori goes on holiday.

I was offered a new date with a stand in surgeon (Mr. Senapti) for 20 July but I am told Mr. Ammori would like to perform my surgery himself. My gut tells me to wait so I am now down for Mr Ammori's first day back from holiday on 3 August.

It was an act of military precision preparing and planning for the surgery. Just dreading asking work to reschedule my time off bang in the school summer holiday, a very busy time for my job.

Will need to change my ticker. From 4 days to 32 days to go.

helen144

Im so sorry to hear about this !!! I bet you are so upset and angry and dissappointed not to mention you will have to do the pre op diet again and rearrange all your child care.

I really feel for you !!

I believe the new surgeon is very good , he operated on someone I know 2 weeks a go she has been fantastic xxxx

Hope you get it all sorted

Thinking of you

Helen

xxxxx

katstofat

oh carla im so sorry you must feel very frustrated. i was told about this surgon by mr ammories secretary and asked would i be willing if asked,i thought it over but i rang her yesterday and said i wanted to waite for mr ammorie comming back .she said that was fine but no date yet , good luck for next month i hope ill be there with you

gaelic girl

Loving Being a Loser
sorry your surgery has been cancelled i'm due for a bypass with Mr Ammori on 7th Aug at Spire Manchester.Only consulation i can give you is Mr Ammori is well worth waiting for i delayed my op to get him. GM your date should be fine, Mr Ammori on hol last two weeks in July xx

Rising_Sun

Chugging along
Thank you lovely people for your kind words and thoughts . I feel so much better about it all now. One thing I know for sure, is that the days seem to be flying by so fast that 3 August should be here soon.

Gail-Michelle, I understand that Mr. A will be going on holiday from the end of next week for about 3 weeks so your op should go ahead as planned. Best wishes for your surgery.

Gail-michelle

likes to post
Thank you carla for your kind words even though your has been postponed. But you have been very wise in waiting for the great Mr Ammori to return from his jollies so good luck for a speedy recovery for your surgery soon to come, and Ohhhhhhhhh thank you! thank you! thank you!!!!:worthy::worthy::worthy: I am now back on track I had visions of mine being postponed again. You see Mine has already been cancelled once from the 27th June to the 10th July, and I cant explaine what a gutter it is, so yes!! I know exactly how you feel believe me. Kind regards Gail.xxx

Last edited: