• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gutted, surgery cancelled (I think)

Leesh

I have had a phone call from the wlsgroup people saying that my surgeon has had to go to India as he has a has a berevement. been crying like a baby :cry::cry::cry:. Obviously it is completely unavoidable and my sympathy goes out to the surgeons family but I am absolutely heartbroken. i have rearranged my life and my childrens lives and have mentally prepaired myself for my surgery tomorrow and now i may have to wait untill next Tuesday, which also happens to be my birthday. They are trying to arrange another surgeon for me (Roger Ackroyd) who may be able to do it sooner buy I think its a long shot.

Im gutted!

I know you must be disappointed but at least the delay is not too much...chin up and think of the fab birthday pressie you are getting :)

Hi Leesh, so sorry to hear about this delay... awful when these things happen... but it is going to be happening for you and rest up whilst you are waiting... it can happen to any of us and it's part of life... sorry about the bereavement behind this disappointment for you love.... keep strong and positive and plan something extra extra special for your Birthday... or over the weekend... Love and hugs, Bev xxx

Know wonder your upset hun, try to stay positive and keep on thinking your going to get this op tomorrow. I've got my finger crossed for you hunni xxx

Hi Leesh

Sorry to hear this hun, I had the surgeon you should of been having and he was very good but if its any consolation if they do manage to fit you in with Mr Ackroyd he is a fantastic surgeon with a very good reputation.

It must be so dissapointing for you but fingers crossed they can arrange something soon x

Oh no! You poor thing...I know its not too long to wait but the thing is how we mentally prepare ourselves and then you have to postpone! I hope the other surgeon can fit you in before then hun...good luck X

Thank you all so much. I have calmed down a bit now. Im such a baby! Still keeping my fingers crossed and will let you know when I find anything out. xxxx

o nooo my fingers are crossed for the replacement surgeon xx

How darn annoying, no wonder your are frustrated. Finish your cry and then try and think positive hun.xxxxx

awww am so sorry to hear that, i can imagine that you are gutted, the op being cancelled at the 11th hour.
Roger Ackroyd the replacement surgeon (hopefully) is the surgeon that did my bypass with WLS group and he was fantastic, he also did mixmans sleeve, so fingers crossed he can step in and help hun
xxxx

Well it's definately cancelled but rearranged for next tuesday with Roger Ackroyd who I have heard nothing but good news about. I have been told to have two days off diet and then to carry on as before. I hope this is ok? She did assure me that my liver would still shrink and a glass of wine was just too tempting for me anyway so I have done it now. I have stopped crying and pulled myself together and spoke to my Daddy who said it was meant to be and I must of been supposed to have it done in Sheffield with mr Akroyd and as it is now going to be on my birthday it is definately "meant to be" likie a "re-birth". Thank the lord for my Dad, thats all I can say, and thanks to you lot too. Roll on next Tuesday.

Your last post is really positive. I totally believe in fate and what's meant to be will be....enjoy the couploe of days off and focus on next week...you'll never forget the date at least :)

I am so glad you have sorted things out, and you have a new day to look forward to, which really isnt far away, another positive hun is that Roger Ackroyd is really rather dishy!
xx

He he, thats funny Mona, your not the first person to say he is a bit of a babe. really quite looking forwards to meeting him. Do you think he likes big girls???

Hi Leesh,

Sorry to hear about your cancellation, I know first hand how devastating it is. As your dad said, you weren't meant to have it tomorrow. What a coincidence, having it on your birthday. What a wonderful present and celebration of a new life.

Hope all goes well for you. Sending you lots of hugs and prayers.

love

Rebirth x

Hia sweety. I'm so sorry you've had your op cancelled, but also very glad that you're handling it so well. It's another week, I know it must be feel gutting, but it's not much in the greater scheme of things eh?
I also believe things happen for a reason, so chin up, enjoy your 2 'days off'..and then back on the wagon! And look forward to your birthday eh? It's a date you're never going to forget!
I also had a re-birth on my birthday 4 years ago (haven't told about it on here yet!) but it's very special and happened, as I say, for a reason! ....and every year I'm reminded of it!:D
So I get what's happening and how you're feeling!
Sending lots of love and hugs. Charis xxxxx

Back