• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I`m so confused, I`ve been refused :'((

SacredSilence

Peter Facinelli & I
I posted yesterday about my phone call from the Plastic surgeons secretary offering me an appt for next Thursday.

I have just got in from work today to find a letter from my GP informing me that funding was refused:cry: aswell as a letter confirming my PS appt next week.

I am so confused!! Why have they given me an appt if the funding has been refused?? :confused: :(

I am gutted :cry:

Xx

Ahhh Hun I'm so sorry 4 u :( it's so confusing and such a let down after the high of gettin an appointment xx

Oh hon! I did see you had an appt for plastics. Im so sorry if you have been refused, ring the hospital and speak to the secretary. How can they refuse without seeing you, it makes no sense??? big big hugs chick, hope you find out whats going on xxxx

The GP letter is dated 13th Dec and the hospital letter is dated 15th (yesterday) and when I spoke to the secretary yesterday, She said the letter/paperwork had just come through that day.

Desperately trying not to hope that they may have refused then changed their mind :cry: Why give me an appt AFTER funding has been refused??

Sorry to go on :( x

I dont understand why they would make you an appoitment with the plastic surgeon if you have been refused funding! Surely thats just a waste of his time? I think something isnt right about the whole thing.....is there any way you could speak to the surgeons secretary and ask her what the appointment is for? Hope you get to the bottom of it (HUG) XX

It does seem confusing chick, try not to get upset, ring the secretary back and ask her whats going on. xx

sounds like a right muckup.... does GP have final say to funding - I thought that was up to PCTs? Hospitals are notorious for getting paperwork wrong or crossing letters in post. I'd check again. Can you give your GP a call as well and discuss it with him/her, as your GP may be able to appeal the decision to refuse funding if this was decided by PCT.

The appointment has nothing to do with the funding thats why you have an appointment. The PCT have probably refused the GPs request but I dont see why they put one in until you had seen the plastics guy anyway? See the plastics guy show them the letter and ask if they think you should get it, if they do ask them to help you appeal.

Thankyou all for your help and advice, I REALLY appreciate it Xx

If I am reading this letter right, It didn`t even get to the PCT?

It says that my request was reviewed at a triage meeting on 18th November to establish if I was eligable for consideration by the IFR panel (IFR = Individual Funding Request). And they had decided not.

So they decided no on 18th November and this letter to my GP is dated 25th November. The letter I received today from my GP is dated 13th December.

When I spoke to the PS secretary yesterday, She told me the letter/paperwork had come through that day (yesterday) hence her phoning to book me in to see him. And today I have received the letter from her confirming my appt with the PS for next Thursday dated 15th December.

Totally confused!! :cry:

I have left a message with my GP asking her to ring me tomorrow when she is in. BUT I work and am unable to take phonecalls when she makes them, So it all depends if she is prepared to call me before I start work :(

I don`t want to call the hospital as I want to keep the appt with the PS ;)

Thankyou again for putting up with my whinging

Xxx

do you think its been refused this time till you have maintained your weightloss for a full two years,they make you wait that long to be sure.also perhaps your skin problem is not as bad as someone else who has waited the alloted time.

This is so confusing and you must be so disappointed. I echo what others are saying about getting in touch with them to check. I'd still go to the appointment and let the surgeon give you his opinion about your skin. That might help if you appeal against the funding decision.

So sorry for such a late reply,Thankyou all for your advice and support xxX

I`ve been floored with flu but still had to go to both my jobs, So I haven`t had the time or energy to post - I struggle to keep up here :rolleyes: lol x

Well, I have spoken to my GP who kindly phoned me the following morning before I had to go to work and she is just as confused as I am!! So I told her I was just going to keep the appt and she agreed that it was a good idea. She said maybe the PS wants to assess me But I don`t know why if they have denied the funding.

My appointment is at 3.20pm tomorrow and I`m a bit :eek:

I am going inbetween both jobs so will be wearing the clothes I have on in my siggy (bottom pic) as I`ll be going onto the clinic after and I am hoping I can prove a point with them.

My trousers look ridiculous as they are WAY too big for me, But I have to wear them to fit over my big fat tum :( They`re baggy on my thighs and the legs now flap when I walk and they`re stupidly long!! You can see how long they are in the pic :/ lol

Really need to get it into my thick skull that nothing is going to come of this appt :( But still totally confused as to why I`m even going lol

Will come whinge and cry to you all tomorrow afternoon no doubt!!

Xxx

Back