• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Guys hospital

bev gowing

Hi can anybody who has been referred or had surgery at guys give me some feed back please, as last week told 6 month wait for surgery told today a year, bit confusing, im a bit upset as Homerton have told me waiting list is only 6 months :sigh:

my wait was 13 months at kings x i think it is around a year in london area

I waited 23 months at St Thomas's which is the same NHS Trust at Guys. But eventually they referred us into the private sector but still paid for by the NHS to try to clear the waiting list.

I gave up after 18 months wait at Kings and paid to go private before I died! With Winter coming I wonder if this will push the waiting times back due to bed shortages! Good luck xx

@geminilady75. I am with C&W (had 1st appointment only) did you have a good experience? Thanks x

@geminilady75. I am with C&W (had 1st appointment only) did you have a good experience? Thanks x

In terms of dealing with members of the Bariatric team, it has been a good experience.
Nuala is amazing as is Kelli.

There was a bit of confusion with regards to changes in the criteria which lead to 48 hours of hell...all a big mistake thankfully.

I would have to say, even though I'm going through a bad time at the moment (it'll pass) I would do it all over again.

Good luck and keep me in touch with how things go.
Do you know who your surgeon is yet?

geminilady75 said:
In terms of dealing with members of the Bariatric team, it has been a good experience.
Nuala is amazing as is Kelli.

There was a bit of confusion with regards to changes in the criteria which lead to 48 hours of hell...all a big mistake thankfully.

I would have to say, even though I'm going through a bad time at the moment (it'll pass) I would do it all over again.

Good luck and keep me in touch with how things go.
Do you know who your surgeon is yet?

Sorry to hear you are suffering, may I ask what the problem is (I seem to be very limited on what I can see/read on here until 50 posts). Am I able to chat with you without taking over this thread? Sorry am a newbie x
Thanks rudders

Back