• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

HELP waiting lists

ruthw

someone told me once you on a list you could wait a year ,im on the waiting list for princess royal in farnbourgh (funding was"nt talked about )so if anybody knows about the pru or dr el hasani please help ........:confused::confused:

You have to be done within the guidelines which was 18weeks,dont know if it has changed.

18 weeks is from meeting surgeon to op (I think) although this condem government now want to scrap the 18 week target.
Waiting lists vary from hospital to hospital Jason I think used the PRU he may know the waiting times

Ruth I joined the waiting list at PRUH on Sept 09, was offered a surgery date in March 10 but couldn't do it so I had my op in May. They routinely tell you it can be up to a year but I don't know anyone who's actually waited that long. If they have less funding this year that could affect waiting times though. We don't have to apply for funding ourselves and it seems we go through less hoops to get surgery than many people here. Sit tight and it'll be your turn before you know it ! x

We are all impatient when waiting for our ops....I was terrible its allI thought about for nearly 2 yrs and I still cant believe Im 3 months post-op :D You will get there too, I never thought I would and here I am :D XX

Hi ruth im under the pru & mr el hassini from the gp sending referral letter to actual date of op ill have waited 8 months my surgery is on the 13/ 1/ 11 x Hope that gives you some sort of idea of waiting times x

This is interesting I hand't heard about the 18 weeks rule. I expect ConDem cuts will make a difference. I hope I can sneak in before they work the figures out!

It does drive you mad, this is all I have thought about for the last few days. Probably too much time on my hands at the mo.

i saw mr hasani today and was advised 2 years, i did ask him about the 18 weeks which is what bromley pct also said but i was told the 18 weeks do not apply and will have to wait for 2 years, gutted

i had my first appointment with the consultant in august 2010 and was told the waiting list was upto 6 months and got my date for feb 2011 :) so 6 months was right for me hope its not too long for u , it does also depend on the hospital but u can contact ur hospital thats doing the surgery and push them for a earlier date :D good luck x

i was told a few weeks ago from bromley pct that it is 18 weeks and then phoned again the other day, i dont think they know themselves but was advised to ask why mr el hasani said 2 years and to contact pals and i wonder how the list is done priority or date order?

Back