• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

RNY Gastric Bypass Gym/Swim & Aquafit my exercise log.

im ok thanks Sam i just been busy with school hols, i been on bariatric ward as well over the summer term as i had food poisoning and needed treatment drips ect with that issue and my potassium was dangerously low because of this, i was very ill and had a bit of a bad time, im ok now though, i hope your well too, i didnt like to post on here too much tho because of that, thanks for thinking of me tho xxxx

sorry people........ this was suppost to be a motivational thread......... ive been a slacker latley, i shall get bk on track x PROMISE X

19/09/11

10 pool lengths

45 mins aqua fit

im out of the practice

:(

1/10/11

14 pool lengths :( very poor effort from me !

17/03/11 Well today i have done 20 mins on the treadmill, 18 lengths in the pool and a aqua fit session and is now nackered.com :)

:) I will try harder tomorrow :)

Liz x

i will log on this thread every time i exercise and note the date and whats been done, if im going wrong or anyone wants to input feel free to do so :) x x x

Hi Liz, just wanted to ask you how long you waited following your op before you went swimming. I am wanting to go swimming two weeks following my op. We have also just taken delivery of an exercise bike/cross trainer, but wont be going on this for about four weeks until I am fully healed inside.

Thanks and well done on your weight loss, you look amazing. :D

2/10/11

15 pool lengths

Hi Liz, just wanted to ask you how long you waited following your op before you went swimming. I am wanting to go swimming two weeks following my op.

Hi Neeta in my personal experience/opinion 2 weeks is way too early to swim as the wounds are just too new to be going in the pool and could easily become infected in the very early stages.... as potentially your bathing in "other peoples germs " with brand new wounds, id say weeks 4-6 for swimming to give your wounds a chance to fully heal and internally too, but only after clearance from your bariatric team or gp )

We have also just taken delivery of an exercise bike/cross trainer, but wont be going on this for about four weeks until I am fully healed inside.

just build up gradually on these a little at a time id say start with short distances on the bike, but preferably walking to begin with.

Thanks and well done on your weight loss, you look amazing. :D

thanks for your kind comments but im struggling at the moment with losing any more weight, ive been slacking with my exercise over the summer and i need to get more focused with regular routine.

Good luck :)

Liz x

Thanks Liz for your comments and advice. Much appreciated. Prehaps I will just stick to a walk for the time being until fully healed, but don't intend to over do things on the bike and won't be going near it for about a month or so. :)

Good luck with your exercise program. xx

12/10/11

12 pool lengths
45 mins aqua fit class

right im back ! ........ and trying to be good.

7/11/11

20 mins treadmill
10 mins rowing
10 pool lengths
45 mins aqua class

9/11/11

45 mins aqua class

16/11/11

45 mins aqua class

im back :)

Sorry ive not been on here in a while been a bit lapse but im back and going to try and focus again, i did a lot of gym swim last week but didnt post it here. Im off to do aqua fit class now i will let you know how i get on when i return x ;)

27/02/12

20 pool lengths

45 mins aqua fit class x

Lovely to see you back Liz. How's things going ??

nice to see you to see you nice, i love watching how you get on with excersie as it shows your determend but human also i am going to start the gym when i am all healed i am 5 days post op. xxxx

Lovely to see you back Liz. How's things going ??

:) pushing on forward as usual been static for ages getting re focused regarding my eating and exercise, my hubbys currently on the pre op diet and will be having his bypass march the 2nd so im also very focused in support for him too x

29/02/12

45 mins aqua class

:) pushing on forward as usual been static for ages getting re focused regarding my eating and exercise, my hubbys currently on the pre op diet and will be having his bypass march the 2nd so im also very focused in support for him too x

I think it must be very supportive having both half of a couple having had surgery. MY OH is very supportive of me but it's making him even fatter. If I leave anything he eats it and he still cooks for 4 ( insists on cooking lol!) even though one of my sons is at uni and I eat very little-and usually not what they are having. It's really worrying me. He avoids coming to thre gym with me. On a selfish level I want him to be fit so we can have lots of fun together and on another level I'm scared he'll get as big as I was , and as disabled by it.
Good luck to you booth Liz. You are an inspiration , as ever
xx

12/03/12

45 mins aqua class

Back