• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

gyms

pandora

finding my way again !
have been looking about to join a gym , but can't afford the likes of fitness first or the village etc , but there are two "budget" gyms here , Pure Gym & Fitspace .
fitspace has 2 membership options , £12 a month but you are tied into a 18 month contract , or £19 a month with no contract . Ideally i'd prefer to pay £12 but not sure i want to be tied to 18 months .
advice anyone ?

Before you make any financial commitment, have you looked into whether any of them are part of an 'Activity on Referral'? If so, a quick visit to the doctor to get them to complete a form that confirms that they think a programme of activity will benefit your health (and whose wouldn't) and you will get 3 months free use of the gym, following an individual assessment and programme set up.

This will give you the opportunity to try out the facilities and confirm the gym is the way to go for you. You may for instance prefer the structure of exercise classes, which may be held at the local village hall or school. Or you may find you'd rather go it alone with swimming / jogging.

Or the less expensive - just walking (borrow a dog)

I have a referal from my GP , but that just gives you 40% off for 12 weeks , but when you work it out its equivalent to a membership if you do 3 activities a week . At £40 a month I just can't afford it.
I have a dog , but walking is plain boring

Back