• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Joined a Gym!! Special offer today only at Village Hotels

mandym1

I called my local Village Hotel leisure club and the usual fee for full membership is up to £56 per month with an initial joining fee of £40. You usually have to pay a month up front so very near £100 just to get started! However, I struck lucky as today is the last day of the month they had a special offer on £10 payment today to join and pay nothing until September and that will be £45 per month. I'm so pleased as this was the gym I wanted but the cost was putting me off. They have a full size swimming pool, a ladies only gym, sauna, steam room, toning tables and over 100 classes per week as well as all the usual gym equipment. Its just a really nice place and as I have major confidence issues finding somewhere I am comfortable was very important. So if you have a local Village Hotel its worth enquiring today. If I had called them tomorrow I would have had to pay the £100 to join x

Well done great bargain nice to have perfect timing for once isn't it. Good luck as you start your exercise regime mine starts next week once we get away local mountain spring fed pools and a gentle build up to my pre-op laps, ready to keep it up once we are back.

That sounds lovely Penny. The guy I spoke to today was so lovely when I explained about my surgery he said I could do toning tables at first maybe as they move for me but I get 3 free sessions with a personal trainer so they will go through my options. He said we will have you doing spinning classes in a few months!! Ha ha my sister does this and they are hard core!! I cant imagine me doing that but I liked his optimism and he made me feel quite relaxed about it all. I get very embarrassed going to a gym but if I can get through this surgery then I can do this! I'm calling my team tomorrow to ask what I can and cant do regarding exercise. I'm thinking walking on the treadmill and possibly swimming but will check first x

Thanks for reminding me about this - I'd had a text message to say there were special offers on this weekend for rejoiners (my hubby and I have been Village members before, but I had to stop going when my weight/arthritis got really bad).
Just called them and we've both rejoined. Cost is only £10 each for August and September, then back to normal joint membership charges from October.
So excited - can't wait to go swimming, especially with the heat today!
xXx

Blimey is that what it costs these days? Sounds like you did really well

I reckon I must have got a fantastic deal when I joined LA Fitness a couple of years ago

I have just joined a local muscle man gym it has cost me £16 a month for the next 3 years
No pool only cardio and weights:whacky068: :character00115: :character00116: but the upside is the view is fantastic :flirt2: :D

This is expensive and I could get cheaper but I just felt really comfortable in there so thats a big thing for me. When Ive built up my confidence I might look at the cheaper options x

Back