• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

H PYLORI TEST

sassyp81

Six Month Post Op
Hi all, I got a load of paperwork through the post about my op and it says I need to be tested for h pylori, can anyone shed any light on why and if positive will it effect my surgery? It appears to be standard but is very weird as I have been experiencing awful symptoms which I think maybe H Pylori having read up online, has anyone had this and what symptoms did you get?

sorry can not help I have never heard of it. Someone will be along in the know soon

Isn't that also the one that causes stomach ulcers? The scientist who discovered it got a nobel prize as he tested the bacteria on himself. Mind full of useful info me.

I had it about six years ago and have never experienced pain like it, i was actually quite poorly and ended up in hospital as my liver didnt functioned properly with it, but after taking an awful cocktail of antibiotics it went and have never suffered since, it just left me with irritable bowel syndrome. julie

Thanks for your help, has anyone else having bypass been asked to have this test?
Julieann did you get other symptoms, I have had 3/4 episodes of AWFUL egg smelling wind at both ends, nausea, vomitting, pain in my sternum area and diahorrea. Im very confused, when I google it alot of people report these symptoms with no conclusion?

I was tested for this years ago and was found to be border line...it can cause stomach ulcers if left untreated....I took an intense course of tablets for seven days and its clears it....hope this helps..xx

Back