• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

"The Man from Del Monte he says YES"

penguina

Well I had the triple meeting a couple of weeks ago, and like it says the head honcho says YES ! I had a disaster of a meeting with the dietitian and was really worried about that but the letter has just come in from the surgeon YEAH I can have an op and he agrees a bypass is best WHOOO HOOOOO!!!

The funny thing is when the letter came in this morning, there was something bulky in it and I though "Oooh I have got a free pen" But no it was a vial for a blood test for H pylori. Do'h a free pen indeed what am I like !!

My 18 weeks will be up mid July so it is just a waiting game for a date. I did phone the secretary to ask how long the wait is, and it is 14 weeks at present by the surgeon is taking a holiday as well (how dare he!!) So I am betting I will get a date on 28th June which is our 25th Wedding Anniversary, but still what a better present for hubby than a new wife...

I also found out that I have to do the milk diet for two full weeks due to my weight, so the first of my many questions is:

Sugar free Crusher - I have read on here about it, and read you can buy it in Sainsbury's But we don't have in deepest darkest West Cornwall. Any other shops selling it? And what flavours do you recommend?

WOOOO HOOOO I am so happy :)

Wahooo congratulations you will get your date through soon I am sure xx

A free pen on the nhs! Grrr I can't beleive our hard earned taxes are being spent giving fatties free pens! What are they going to do with them? Use them to write down their pizza orders? I am outraged and disgusted. ;)

Congrats hun. So glad you got your result.

Congrats on getting to the next stage. The no sugar Crusha is in Tescos, waitrose and co-op round here. I think Asda do it to. Some on sell in strawberry, and the banana is very hard to find.

Thanks all, it is nice to share on here, as I haven't told that many peeps about the op.

I guess I shall have to go hunting, My nearest Waitrose is 65.96 miles away actually I didn't think they had any in the West Country. I shall have to go and look. Sainsbury's are trying to buy our heliport and develop that, but I don't think the planning backhanders will make it happen in the next few weeks..!

Oh and Yorki I wanted to put a triple like on your post. Genius!

Hi Again back to the no added sugar crusher, you are right Deets it is available in Tesco's, thank you - just the strawberry flavour.
But looking at the stats, is it good to have?

It says for a serving contains 8g of your sugar or 9% for the day. Surely that is very high?

I was told I hold fat around my organs so am worried about the liver not being small enough on the day. Would it be better just to try to have milk only for the two weeks rather than adding stuff.

Also can you freeze milk into lollies to make it 'a bit' different, and like you are eating something?

I am not sure but there are so many milk diets and if it is good for one hospital it should be good for all as far as I can see these diets are generic not personal. Sugar free jelly made with 1/2 pint milk would I think personally be far better than crusha as that sounds really high in sugar.
Great news you have your funding

Back