• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Menopause Tests...

StephieAck

I know Ive changed!
Has anyone ever heard of these tests? The ones I mean come in the same format as a pregnancy test. They are a mid-stream urine sample test. The information sheet says that when women become peri-menopausal their bodies make extra FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) to try to get the ovaries to make an egg because of another hormone )oestrogen I think) and that is what the test looks for.
Sooooooo, I have a feeling that my body is doing some pretty whacky things hormonally and so I saw the test today and got one and did it.
I looked at the result and it was positive...technically meaning that my body is in a peri-menopausal state!!! Now, I know women can go through an early menopause but I have trouble believing that I am heading towards that myself. Maybe there are other reasons for having extra FSH in my system. Anyway, I am going to do what it says and do another one in a weeks time and see what it says, if it says positive again then I am going to get in touch with my gynaecologist and request an appointment to see what is going on, I may not be able to have a baby right now but I want to ensure that things are okay for in a few months time when I can start trying.
So, has anyone ever heard of these Menopause Tests? Had experience of them? Know of any reasons why my body would be making extra FSH without being peri-menopausal?
Thanks
Steph xx

I didn't even know you could get an over the counter test but I had to laugh as the banner at the top of this page is an advert for menopause relief! Product placement or what!

Thank you ZNS xx
I do actually have PCOS, though noone ever really took the time to educate me on it properley.
I am going to get in touch with my gynaecologist for an appointment and discuss a plan of action, I dont want to waste months and months trying to 'catch' naturally if its not going to be possible, preemptive strike so to speak.
Not going to my GP, he is a ****** of the highest order so I will go straight to my gynaecologist.
Thanks
Steph xx

If you look at my pictures and know what youre looking for you can tell, we PCOSers have a certain look about us I find.
Annnnnnyway, will get in touch with the gynae.
Thanks
Steph xx

hi Steph..I agree us pcos girls tend to have the same ..erm look..

I think you should get to your gp and ask him to test your hormone levels(for menopause and ovulation)
also check your thyroid and h test(regarding your diabetes).plus your vitamin blood test.
Every year i ask for a full m.o.t of everything.(blood wise)
It will put your mind at rest.(regarding conception and diabetes.)
have you had any more hypos??
Lisa x

I simply wont go to my GP I am afraid, I am in the process of finding a new GP and so will stick to trying to get in to see the gynaecologist. It is horrible that I feel so badly about my GP but its his own arrogant fault, so I am finding a replacement.
Hypos...nope, not now that I have alarms set to remind me to eat every two hours, its annoying because Im not always hungry enough to eat but I force myself to. I did have one or two moments today where I THOUGHT a hypo was threatening but it didnt so that is all good. Be interesting to see what my weight is going to do with all of the extra food lol thanks for asking xxx
Steph xx

I know how you feel Steph ..i have some issues with my gp..!!
Please let us know how you get on with everything..
Keep well and make sure you get this checked out.
at least seeing the gynaecologist will give you the answers you need.
My thoughts are with you..i understand totally what you are going through. x
Lisa x

I had a spate of hot flushes and thought i was heading for the menopause. My gp took bloods and it came back that i wasn't, it was just my extra insulation! I did laugh when my gp told me that it was possible for me and my husband to still have a baby! Both my husband and i have been snipped n clipped as neither of us want anymore children :)

Hahahaha

Lol sorry but I have to laugh right now, I got two of these tests, I did one myself again today and to check whether that are just crap I got hubby to do one!!! and guess what...if the tests are to believed then HE is menopausal too!!! hahahaha
So these tests are obviously a punch of crap lol
I will be getting along to see my gynaecologist at some point but I wont be in as much of a rush as I had been.
It just makes me laugh that the stupid things even make a MAN menopausal lol hahahahahahahahaaaaaa
Steph xx

Back