• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Had a telling off from the husband

happy days

Never ever thought I would here the words. That's enough you have lost enough weight.
My hubby isn't a happy bunny as he thinks iam now starting to look gaunt in my face and my shoulders are like a bag of bones. Seems like anything I lose now is coming off in places where I really don't need it off. I still have another 12lbs to lose to take me to my target of 12 stone. Anybody got a bacon slicer I can borrow.

Never ever thought I would here the words. That's enough you have lost enough weight.
My hubby isn't a happy bunny as he thinks iam now starting to look gaunt in my face and my shoulders are like a bag of bones. Seems like anything I lose now is coming off in places where I really don't need it off. I still have another 12lbs to lose to take me to my target of 12 stone. Anybody got a bacon slicer I can borrow.

Oooh ... bit drastic, Happy my love :eek: .... it is in our nature never to be satisfied but never mind ... I'd take gaunt over morbidly obese any day, sugar :) xxx

TwinkleTwinkle said:
Oooh ... bit drastic, Happy my love :eek: .... it is in our nature never to be satisfied but never mind ... I'd take gaunt over morbidly obese any day, sugar :) xxx

After been fat all my life I thought it was a compliment lol.
I do know what he means my collar bones are razor sharp

Tell him to stop swinging off your shoulders and to hang on to your butt!

nothing is set in stone mate, if you feel you dont need to lose any more, then change your goal. If however, you feel you need to lose a bit more, then ignore him :D good luck :) xxx

I still have another 12lbs to lose to take me to my target of 12 stone. Anybody got a bacon slicer I can borrow.

Do you want the bacon slicer to slice off 12 lbs from a place off your choosing ... or to shut your grumpy hubby up? !!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

You heard the story about the butcher who backed into his bacon slicer and got a little behind with his orders?

To be honest I think it the loose skin wasn't there I wud be exactly where I want to be but it's hard to judge when the lumps and bumps are hanging.

Oh to be told 'you have lost enough' lol

My collarbones were very prominent when I was 5 stones over weight. Can't imagine what they would be near goal! Lol

How do you feel when you look in the mirror? X

I'd have a word with your team it may well be that without the excess skin you would be at the 12st or less. Hi by loves you & no doubt has been worried for a while before he said anything. I'd show him you've taken his concerns on board & seek advice from your team before you put yourself at risk trying to lose that final few pounds that may be the result of excess skin.
Although it must be wonderful hearing those words from anyone.

Penelope iam only 13 months out so the team won't help with any loose skin. Just can't see how I can get my bmi down to 25 with all the skin.

happy days said:
Fuffs I love them lol x

Lol!!! Well your hubby is fighting a losing battle then!

Oh to be told that!! I had my bypass in June and weigh 217 lbs... Have a wedding to go to in June and so want to loose much more, I can't imagine being 12 stone!!

Happy days I didn't mean that they would put you forward for plastic surgery just yet, but to seek their advice whether the excess skin could make the difference between what you are currently & the 12lbs you feel you still have to lose.
If they felt that would be the difference you could modify your goal weight to reflect that rather than lose that extra bit but in reality without the excess skin you could be way below your goal & at risk of making yourself ill.
It may be the last bit hidden in the excess skin could be the last bit to tip your I into the magic below 25 zone as well. Their advice & guidance may answer you hubbies worries & solve your quandary as how to reach those targets they may just not be reachable without surgery once you have maintained etc to qualify for the right to apply for funding for plastic surgery to realise the final goal.

penelope1008 said:
Happy days I didn't mean that they would put you forward for plastic surgery just yet, but to seek their advice whether the excess skin could make the difference between what you are currently & the 12lbs you feel you still have to lose.
If they felt that would be the difference you could modify your goal weight to reflect that rather than lose that extra bit but in reality without the excess skin you could be way below your goal & at risk of making yourself ill.
It may be the last bit hidden in the excess skin could be the last bit to tip your I into the magic below 25 zone as well. Their advice & guidance may answer you hubbies worries & solve your quandary as how to reach those targets they may just not be reachable without surgery once you have maintained etc to qualify for the right to apply for funding for plastic surgery to realise the final goal.

Penelope do they take into account excess skin for your bmi for plastics. My bmi is still 30, the 12lbs was just my personal goal. Iam 12.12 at the moment and 5-7 tall. To get bmi of 25 would probably be another 2 stone off which would make me look ill.

I am 12.12 at the moment and 5-7 tall. To get bmi of 25 would probably be another 2 stone off which would make me look ill.

According to a BMI calc I just did (I am also 5' 7") BMI of 25.1 is achievable at 160 lbs (11 stone 6 lbs) although I am also personally aiming for around 12 stone (ish).

And according to this BMI calculator at a weight of 12 stone 12 lbs (180 lbs) and height of 5' 7" BMI comes out at just above 28, not 30:

Calculate Your BMI - Standard BMI Calculator

You might be lighter than you think already , Happy Days !!!

Back