• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

O/T slightly, but is there such a thing as fatism?

phatmomma

This weekend i went to London with friends to a big girls night out (most excellent night with good company may i add).

Anyhow our hotel did not provide breakfast (last time it did) so before getting on our National Express coach to come home we all went and brought bacon sandwiches n cups of tea. I had about three sips of my tea it was quite hot and left it at Victoria and happily boarded the bus with my sandwich neatly tucked in my sarnie bag. When i sat down i started to tuck in when the driver doing a head count asked me (in a not quiet voice) what i was eating. So i told him a bacon sandwich to which he replied you can't eat hot food on the coach, you have 5 seconds to get off the coach and eat it or it gets binned. I explained to the driver that my sandwich was not in fact hot (it had been made nearly 30 minutes earlier) and that i was diabetic and had not eaten. At which point he gave me the company policy lecture so i gave him the sandwich in the bag and told him to shove it (in the bin). Now see i could understand if a) it was hot soup i was carrying on board that could slip out of my hand and scald someone. But my complaint is this.... My partner was sat next to me with his cup of tea and sandwich bag in his hand, my friend sat in front chewing on a mouthful of sandwich and another friend had a sandwich bag on the seat next to her. Funnily enough he didn't ask them about their food or beverages but he asked the fattest person on the bus if she wanted to squeeze n waddle down the aisle then stand outside shovelling a sandwich down her neck while everyone waited and watched.... wonder why???

Am looking forward to hearing what the coach company have to say! Oh yes and he spent less time telling us to put our seat belts on than ridding me of my much needed breakfast...

What a pr*ck, the world is full of them, dont let it annoy you too much, he probably has a small p*nis and was really p*ssed off about it lol

Hopefully you hear something back from the coach company, let us know if you do

Lol yummy mummy.
I would have asked him to shove it - and would not have been talking about the sandwich. And yes there is such a thing as fatism

Hell yes there is fatism and you met him on a bus the dxxk.Report him you could of been ill for all he knows.I would of asked him to stick his finger in and feel if it was still hot,then give it to him to dispose of.Oh and I must remember never to get on a bus if someone is eating a Greggs incase its still hot,we have a bump,and it falls down the neck of the woman in front and scalds the tits off her!

Really hope a strongly worded complaint will sort this knobber out. Fatism is alive and kicking. If you had been the only Asian person on a bus who was singled out for having a sandwich when others did, there would be (justly) hell to pay. Bullying is what it is. Pah.

:( What an idiot.

Im sure everyone here can sympathies with what you have gone through. I hope you get some kind of justice from the coach company, even if it is only an apology.

:) xxx

i'm sorry you were treated so badly hun. i'm afraid i would of asked him why other passengers were allowed to eat on the coach and I was not. I also would of continued to eat my sandwich and ask him how he was going to manage to get a 19 stone woman off the coach in 5 seconds when she clearly had no intention of moving. I bet everyone else on the bus was thinking what a pr*ck, and not about you either.

what a pr!ck.

Report him, or he will continue to harrass other people in the same way.

This driver does sound like a rude jobsworth and the reason he singled out Phatmomma is well suspect but don't treat the rule about no hot food with contempt - it is there for a reason - and that reason is the comfort of other passengers.

Hot food SMELLS and being on a coach with people eating bacon sandwiches or KFC or curry is FOUL (and I know, I have been on coaches where people have been eating all 3 :eek: ) It is horrible to be sat by someone eating hot food and grease and stains from hot food is harder (and more expensive) to remove than crumbs.

It had been the rule on coaches for a long time in the same way that not smoking on coaches was the rule for a long time before the smoking ban came into force.

Driver was still a prat though.

love

TillyBob

What a pr*ck, the world is full of them, dont let it annoy you too much, he probably has a small p*nis and was really p*ssed off about it lol

LOL Yummy your P words are all broken, whatcha do !!! >>??? :eek::p

And yes he was one of those people, fatism is about. Ye should have questioned him about everyone else that was scoffing, and then you could have put his mind at ease and told him you wouldnt have exploded on impact or anything...:rolleyes: what an aRSe :D

Yes i believe there is fatism around and i'm so sorry you were treated like that. What if you had taken ill and they had to call an ambulance etc then what? I would complain loudly to the company. I have a saying to men who put us down " if your d....k is as small as your brain then you won't impress anyone either" it usually works lol x

I tend to call it sizeism and yes,, it is alive and well and to be encountered in numerous situations including job searching. I was told categorically by a friend who works in HR that as good as my CV was, I would always get passed over for jobs cause of my size.

People also tend to think that as you are overweight, you are deaf too so cannot hear the rude and hurtful comments they bandy about.

The little Hitler on your coach will get his comeuppance as you are reporting him. I had cause to do this with a bus driver once who was incredibly rude to me infront of a busload of passengers. He was fined and sent on a customer relations course. Complaining does work.

I find it very strange that racist and homophobic acts are now punishable by law but that openly insulting and victimising someone cause of their size is not - maybe some letters to the equalities commission might be a start?

This driver does sound like a rude jobsworth and the reason he singled out Phatmomma is well suspect but don't treat the rule about no hot food with contempt - it is there for a reason - and that reason is the comfort of other passengers.

Hot food SMELLS and being on a coach with people eating bacon sandwiches or KFC or curry is FOUL (and I know, I have been on coaches where people have been eating all 3 :eek: ) It is horrible to be sat by someone eating hot food and grease and stains from hot food is harder (and more expensive) to remove than crumbs.

It had been the rule on coaches for a long time in the same way that not smoking on coaches was the rule for a long time before the smoking ban came into force.

Driver was still a prat though.

love

TillyBob

I agree but the problem was not the aroma it was a health n safety issue as hot food burns. However my food was no longer hot, i waited till i sat down before i ate my almost cold breakfast.

I have reported the driver and am waiting for a response. If i hear nothing by the end of the week i will be ringing with a verbal complaint about their handling of my written complaint. Will keep u posted...

And yes i felt singled out, maybe it was when he cracked a joke on board and i didnt find him amusing....

lol kate you are fab !!! xxheather
and im in total agreement a lack of size in the trouser dept obviously means he has too pick on anybody of a decent size that reminds him of how small he really is hahaha :D:D:D

yes for sure fatism exists, sadly its that last taboo that ppl can be looked down on cause they are overweight. Its sad cos I have heard ppl that would have a high bmi than their health would say it should be, making remarks towards others who they deem bigger/heavier than themselves

im a diabetic an id of said ok bin sarni then let him set off and when on motorway id have shouted to driver you better stop an get an ambulance cos you stoped me eating carbs he will sh1t it cos his time table will go to pot and he would get sack wouldnt have got ambulance to come would say oh ok i got some suger will be ok but he will have sh1t it by then or what ive done befor with jobsworths is say ok if i carnt eat my own food can i have your name so i can sue if i get ill thay soon change there minnd cinima bad for moaning sorry for rant feel better now

Back