• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Had a telling off from the husband

I really have no idea hence my suggestion about speaking to your team. I may after all be talking out of an orifice other than my mouth getting it totally wrong I'm only 8mths post op myself. I'm 5'4" & have reached 11st 13lbs as of last week my aim is to get to 9st 7lbs which is midway between the smallest & heaviest for my height of 8st 7lbs to 10st 7lbs, excess skin allowing whilst aiming for the lower end would perhaps be a bit to low but I have that stone leeway incase I can't get the maintainence diet right to start with. My bmi is around 28 I think & am aiming for 24/25 if I can manage it.
As I near my goal I'll see what I look like & feel like as well as what my team advise. It's a new area for us all but we do need to listen to our loved ones as well as our teams. I'm lucky I've never looked as big as the scales say I was so people are amazed at what I was & what I am as I look slimmer than the scales say but have almost 2 stone 7lbs to go to hit my goal an extra stone if I aimed for the lightest for my height. It's careful judgement & honest appraisal of ourselves to work out what's right for us.

Sharonimo said:
According to a BMI calc I just did (I am also 5' 7") BMI of 25.1 is achievable at 160 lbs (11 stone 6 lbs) although I am also personally aiming for around 12 stone (ish).

And according to this BMI calculator at a weight of 12 stone 12 lbs (180 lbs) and height of 5' 7" BMI comes out at just above 28, not 30:

Calculate Your BMI - Standard BMI Calculator

You might be lighter than you think already , Happy Days !!!

What a pleasant surprise :)

penelope1008 said:
I really have no idea hence my suggestion about speaking to your team. I may after all be talking out of an orifice other than my mouth getting it totally wrong I'm only 8mths post op myself. I'm 5'4" & have reached 11st 13lbs as of last week my aim is to get to 9st 7lbs which is midway between the smallest & heaviest for my height of 8st 7lbs to 10st 7lbs, excess skin allowing whilst aiming for the lower end would perhaps be a bit to low but I have that stone leeway incase I can't get the maintainence diet right to start with. My bmi is around 28 I think & am aiming for 24/25 if I can manage it.
As I near my goal I'll see what I look like & feel like as well as what my team advise. It's a new area for us all but we do need to listen to our loved ones as well as our teams. I'm lucky I've never looked as big as the scales say I was so people are amazed at what I was & what I am as I look slimmer than the scales say but have almost 2 stone 7lbs to go to hit my goal an extra stone if I aimed for the lightest for my height. It's careful judgement & honest appraisal of ourselves to work out what's right for us.

Thanks for your help, we can but try to get to the magic figure. I will speak to the team and see if they have any suggestions.

Back