• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Had an appointment with the psychologist Dr kendrick

Welcome and Congrats on the approval.

Do you know what surgery you will be getting?

Welcome Hun and well done getting this far xx

Hi & welcome
Every area appears to have different pathways
Maybe someone on here might be in the same area & can help x

As Emma said all hospitals vary in their pathway and as I was Luton and Dunstable I can’t help with your but I’m sure someone else here will be able to, I too had a bypass on April 5th 2018, I just wanted to wish you luck and welcome you xxx

Hi @JadeyBabey1988
I have had my Surgery at Walsall Manor, so I can offer you a bit of info... and please feel free to ask me any questions - I will help wherever I can :)
In my own diary I added a timeline thread which I think is pretty standard in terms of waiting times. Best of luck with everything x

I thought it may be useful for people to see my timelines because I’ve seen quite a few questions about waiting times.
I originally went to GP about surgery in March ‘15 who signposted me to weightwatchers for 6 months.
I duly went back to GP on Sept ‘15 who said rules had changed and added a further 3 months to WW.
In Dec ‘15 GP I was advised that the rules had changed again and I now had to be referred for Tier 3 with local dietician.
April ‘16 and I was finally referred to Walsall Manor – Royal Stoke is actually my local but my GP advised WM has lower weighting times.
June 16 – first MDT meeting
July 16 – second MDT meeting – (advised me of a 6 month wait – taking me to Xmas)
July ‘16 Sleep apnea appointment, and subsequent tests which took until ‘Sept 16.
Oct ‘16 – meeting with surgeon
Oct ‘16 – Psychologist: Dr Kendrick and group session (surgeon wouldn’t sign consent forms because he was running late that day - this added 3 months onto time
Jan ‘17 sign consent forms
Feb 17 – pre-op & anaesthetist
May 18th - call with proposed date
May 22nd Start LRD
19th June ‘17 – D Day !!! - CANCELLED
10th July '17 - Op date

Back