• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

HELP

hay24

Hiya every1 I am new to this am waiting to have gastric bypass at walsall manor had 1st appointment 2 jan 09 met Mr Khan, Ana, Dr Hartland saw Dr Kendrick on 5th may and was told anyday from then should get appointment for the anaesthetists still not heard anythink and phoned yesterday and was told my funding has not yet been approved but was sent off in march can any1 shed any light on what I can do now. I'm from birmingham thanks. Hayley :cry:

quetiapina

Bumps along somehow
I had to go privately si I don't know the answer. I do know that people here have phoned constantly to find out what is going on, built relationships with the office staff (who tend to run everything in any organisation!) and have had success in sorting out their concerns that way.

Good luck x

gaelic girl

Loving Being a Loser
i'm sorry i can't help Hayley, i too went privately in Manchester but just wanted to say hi and welcome to minis. It's a great "gang" to be part of and there is always someone who will be able to answer your questions, so i'm sure someone will be along soon, Good Luck with your Journey x

Fashionably Late

is a skinny size XS & 6!
I would call your PCT to make sure they did their part of the paperwork and speak with the surgeon's secretary to see how you can assist them in getting your funding straightened out.

Snowcrystal

Hi Hayley

Just wanted to welcome you to Mini's.
There are a lot of people on here who have had their operations at WM so I'm sure they'll be along soon to give you some advice.

(((hugs)))

strawberry twig

Is a big loser ;)
Hiya every1 I am new to this am waiting to have gastric bypass at walsall manor had 1st appointment 2 jan 09 met Mr Khan, Ana, Dr Hartland saw Dr Kendrick on 5th may and was told anyday from then should get appointment for the anaesthetists still not heard anythink and phoned yesterday and was told my funding has not yet been approved but was sent off in march can any1 shed any light on what I can do now. I'm from birmingham thanks. Hayley :cry:

Hello Hayley and welcome.

Firstly there is a thread on here called Walsall Masssiiiivvve. It is packed full of people at all differant stages of wls at walsall manor. Pop in there and say hi.

I had my initial appointment 6th March and my operation date is 9/10/09.

This is what I would advise you to do.

1. Call Tracy Lowe at Walsall Manor and ask her if she has applied for funding.

2. Call your primary care trust and ask if they have received her request for funding.

3. Ask your pct to fax Tracy Low when they have agreed funding so she can put you on the waiting list.

This can all be done in one day if your with BEN PCT (Birmingham East and North) where in birmingham do you live??????

Then they will send you your pre op dates.

hay24

HI thanx for the replies every1 strawberry I managed to get through to Tracey today and they sent of my funding application in march and found out yesterday it got misplaced at the pct so Tracey said she faxed it all over yesterday to pct and now I just have to wait it's just not knowing now how much longer I have to wait for.I live in yardley thanks again x

strawberry twig

Is a big loser ;)
HI thanx for the replies every1 strawberry I managed to get through to Tracey today and they sent of my funding application in march and found out yesterday it got misplaced at the pct so Tracey said she faxed it all over yesterday to pct and now I just have to wait it's just not knowing now how much longer I have to wait for.I live in yardley thanks again x

Your already way behind chick. Walsall Manor admin is appauling sometimes, keep on at them nicely nicely but keep calling and pushing.

Call your PCT and tell them :)kissass:) very nicely but very worried about the mishap. I did, and the lady got it authorised that same day and faxed back to Tracey Lowe.

Do you know what PCT you come under?? If you go on to the walsall massive thread and ask there i'm sure someone will know which one your under if your not sure.

dreamofbeingslim

Can't wait for next appt
Hi and welcome to minis its a fantastic place to be.

I had a application put in for funding last December. I joined this site and with peoples advice chased them because I hadn't heard anything. Funnily when I chased them it got put before the panel, unfortunately no decision was made, it went before the panel again a month later and still no decision made. Finally it went before the panel again on 13th August and unfortunately they refused funding because I didn't meet their criteria bmi>40 with diabetes or sleep apnea. My dr is going to appeal but doesn't hold out much hope because of their criteria as there is no funding for anyone with just a high bmi. Good luck with yours so hope you get your funding, it is awful all the waiting.

Hi, Hayley,
Welcome to minis.
As others have said, it's a good idea to keep 'phoning to check on the progress of your application.
The admin at Walsall Manor can be really poor, so you have to keep chasing.
My second appointment to see Mr. Khan was in April and my funding was supposed to be applied for then. Unfortunately it was sent off to the wrong pct, costing several valuable weeks.
I had a letter come last Friday to confirm that I was now officially on the waiting list, but, as yet, I have not been given dates for my pre-op appointments or for my surgery. HTH

hay24

Thank you all for your replies I did phone my pct later this afternoon and they said they had agreed my funding then phoned Tracey back and she said a letter will be sent out next week with my pre op appointments in so fingers crossed.. Just having support and help of all of you makes me reassured it's nice to speak to people who are in the same situation.

Sambucca

Hi Hay and welcome.

It seems you have already had the advice you need. I had my initial appointment a few weeks after you and I have my surgery on Sunday. I'm sorry the admin at walsall has let you down, otherwise you may well have had your surgery by now.

FIngers crossed that Tracey Lowe rushes things through for you now. You will receive a letter with 2 pre op appointments on, and at the 2nd appointment if all is OK you should be given your op date for approx 6 weeks later.