• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

had gastric sleeve but not losing weight

rosaria

hi
I had a gastric sleeve on 4th dec 2014.day of operation I was 92 kg on 12th jan my six weeks weigh in I was 86 kg where I remained.Please can you help as I do not know what to do.Thank you

Rosaia - did you have any pre- op diet and did you lose on that?

Also, what weight are you?

You've lost 6 kg - which is basically a stone in just over a month. This is a great result. I'm losing around 1.5lbs per week, so it sounds like you're doing ok.

hi bear
my start weight was 138 kg in Feb. 2014 in November went down to 100 kg went on milk diet was 92 kg. On my 6 week check up 12th Jan was 86 kg and up to today im the same. Only eating soups and yoghurt as can not mange anything else at the moment.

hi I had a gastric sleeve on 4th dec 2014.day of operation I was 92 kg on 12th jan my six weeks weigh in I was 86 kg where I remained.Please can you help as I do not know what to do.Thank you

Hi Rosaria

What does your typical day of eating consist of?

hi Emma
I have two Weetabix or rice krispies for breakfast.coffee around 11am skimmed milk 1 sweetener.lunch soup.4pm yoghurt.then for evening meal I have soup and yoghurt.can only manage two mouthful of textured food at the moment so stop trying for now.and im taking my vitamins.

hi Emma
it`s now 10 weeks since I had op can not manage to eat normal food yet. mornings I have 1 Weetabix or rice krispies lunch soup yoghurt dinner have soup not managing cold drinks yet that's it really but weight not coming off thankyou.

hi Emma it`s now 10 weeks since I had op can not manage to eat normal food yet. mornings I have 1 Weetabix or rice krispies lunch soup yoghurt dinner have soup not managing cold drinks yet that's it really but weight not coming off thankyou.

If you're concerned speak to your team but that sounds normal - takes a while for your body to recover. Think about the long term and remember people lose weight differently. I'm 15 months out and it hasn't been an easy journey. I'm still 1.5 stones off my goal but have lost 9stone so far. I am VERY strict and follow a sugar free lifestyle (still eat natural sugars: fruit veg etc but not processed) and cut out bread, rice, pasta. You'll find your way by trial and error and what suits your new stomach x

Rosaria, you lost a massive amount pre-op.

After my op I had 3 weeks of liquid and then 3 weeks of purée. Then I introduced new foods gradually.

To me it sounds like your body is just having a break. Do you know how many calories you're having - think I was advised at 10 weeks to be having around 800-1000.

Have a chat with your surgeon/dietician though just for reassurance.

It is normal to have stalls in weight loss. It staying the same for a couple of weeks is really not unusual. Just keep doing what you're doing and move through the stages back to normal food at the pace that suits your sleeve. Slow is good.

my start weight was 138 kg in Feb 2014

in November went down to 100 kg

went on milk diet was 92 kg.

On my 6 week check up 12th Jan was 86 kg and up to today im the same.

So let's get this straight .....one year ago in Feb 2014 you weighed 138 Kg = 21 stone 10 lbs.

Then November 2014 100 Kg = 15 stone 10 lbs

Then by the time of your op 92 Kg = 14 stone 6 lbs

And then on 12 January 2015 ..... 86 Kg = 13 stone 7 lbs

Your start weight was: 304 lbs (21.10)
You now weigh.........: 189 lbs (13.7)
You have lost so far: 115 lbs

And at your current weight of 86 Kgs (13 stone 7 lbs) you are *probably* only a few stone away from goal (if you are "average" height) you probably have a BMI now around 30.

CONGRATS. :)

Guess what ......? It is *more* difficult to lose the last 3 stone to get down to BMI of 25 than to lose the first 10 stone.

It gets harder and harder the closer you are to goal -- your body starts to cling on for dear life to what it has.

I know you are not that far 'post op' but your body has lost loads already -- your body is beginning to feel you are close to a "normal" weight.

And how long has it been since 12 January ......?

TWO WEEKS !!!

Congratulations on your amazing losses so far!
I've seen lots of people say that upping their exercise regimes has helped them restart their weight loss. Another poster mentioned doing your measurements and I very much second that too.
Either way- try not to stress too much. You've done so well and I'm sure the losses will return :)

Back