• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie to site but not to WLS surgery!

Joandripple

Hi to you all.

My journey started six and a half years ago when I was over 16 stone and had a band done in Southampton. Well it was a great success and I got down to 10stone. I had quite a few fills then was completely emptied to have my boobs done and a tummy tuck. All was well until two years ago when, after being completely defiled coz I was continually up chucking, i was admitted to the Homerton as an emergency. The bariatric team found that my pouch had rotated 360 degrees and that was what was causing the constant vomiting. Well they could not correct it so my band was removed. Now I am up to 12'4 and am miserable again, I just keep thinking that my weight will not stop and my eating is just reverting back to per band!

Well that is me. What i am trying to gleem is info about gastric sleeve and balloon. Part of me thinks I have only got a couple of stone to lose so a balloon would be for me, but the other side keeps thinking this is ok for the shirt term and in another two years (or sooner!) I will be in the same place! So would the drastic measure of the sleeve be my answer, so on that note any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading my long winded post!

Hi Joan,
I too have a band and would be devastated if this happened to me! I did consider the balloon but was honest with myself and knew my willpower would not last once the balloon was removed. I need something permanent, so I chose the band. Having read a little about gastric sleeve/bypass i would also consider these procedures.
Are you going private/nhs? Either way, be honest with yourself and choose the right thing for you!
Good luck on your journey!
xx

Hi Lily,

Thanx for your kind words, I know in the end it's up to me and is such a hard decision!

I do hope this does not happen to you, the only thing I can advise u to stick to the banister rules and listen to it. I did not and ate round the band and regurgitated quite regularly! Please do not do!!! Therefore leaving me where I am now.
If I do go for more WLS it will be private.

I suppose I want to really hear from any sleevers/ballooner who are veterans for any advice good or bad. Is there anyone who did not get on with the balloon or any sleeves who regret having it done. Sorry to so negative but I def need to know all the bad stories as I know all about the good ones.

Jo x

Back