• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Had My 2nd Fill.............

vanilla-cupcake

...................... and it was the worst experience of my life :eek:

The nurse was lovely but by Christ did she hurt me when trying to place the needle in my port. Im lying there.... legs in the air which was uncomfortable enough...felt like I was at the gym but she couldn't find the proper place in the port to insert the needle, I have 7 stab marks where she tried to do it, the plaster is covered in blood :sign0137:

Cant wait to see if I have good restriction, I lost 12lb since my last fill 4 1/2 weeks ago, she was well chuffed with that....so was I :woohoo:

Now have 4ml in a 10ml band

Kate x

ouch, you poor thing, not looking forward to my first fill now! good weight loss though hun, hope this fill makes things easier for you.

OMG that sounds frightful! :hug99:All over and done with now, though, and you can concentrate on the next 12 lbs. Well done. xx

ouch, you poor thing, not looking forward to my first fill now! good weight loss though hun, hope this fill makes things easier for you.

Hi Julia, how are you hun?

My 1st fill was fine but there was more ehhhh 'fat' surrounding my port then than there is now so i'd say that has something to do with it, dont worry about it you'll be grand :)

Hi Julia, how are you hun?

My 1st fill was fine but there was more ehhhh 'fat' surrounding my port then than there is now so i'd say that has something to do with it, dont worry about it you'll be grand :)

i hope so too. i'm doing good thanks hun. 19lbs lost now in 3 weeks including the preop. been braving the exercise bike since yesterday too!!

Ouch! Is she new to this or just a one off? I know what you mean about there been more fat but mine is easier to locate now rather than harder.

The bariatric nurse that does mine is fab she finds it first time.

I hope this is a one off and that you next fill (if you need one) is a better experience.

It goes to show how different each provider is. I had 6ml put in at my first ill and was up to 7.5 at my next. Mind you eve with 8.3ml in I still don't have the right restriction.

Good luck with your restriction. How long are you on liquids and purees for? I hate that I have to wait 6 days before i can test my fill.

aww sorry to hear it hurt but i bet the pounds will fly off again now x

Ouch! Is she new to this or just a one off? I know what you mean about there been more fat but mine is easier to locate now rather than harder.

The bariatric nurse that does mine is fab she finds it first time.

I hope this is a one off and that you next fill (if you need one) is a better experience.

It goes to show how different each provider is. I had 6ml put in at my first ill and was up to 7.5 at my next. Mind you eve with 8.3ml in I still don't have the right restriction.

Good luck with your restriction. How long are you on liquids and purees for? I hate that I have to wait 6 days before i can test my fill.

Hi Sue, I dont think she's new, she was from Liverpool, they fly over here to do fills etc

Im on liquid today, soft tomorrow and then back to 'normal' on Friday

That's good. You will only have 2 days before you can test you fill. Good luck. Also you find that weight loss gets a kick start with you being on liquids and purees again.

thats great kate, well done on the weight loss, sorry to hear she didnt locate the port 1st time, it has also happened to me on occasions. i hope you get the restriction that you want.

liz xxx

Hi Kate

Sorry to hear it was a bit painful...well a lot painful...ouch!

But you've had a great weight loss so far..well done.

(((hugs)))

Sorry to hear it was painful - but glad you've had the fill good luck with the weight loss - Next time lay back and think of Shaw somers

omg Kate, I'm sh**ing myself already thinking about my next fill and I've not even got it booked yet :(

when I had my first attempted fill with my barium x-ray back in July, the radiographer was very abrupt with me because I was wincing as he was doing it...'it shouldn't be hurting you!!' he said, well it bloody did and it's left me really nervous :cry:what a wimp am I???

will probably be arranging my 2nd fill tomorrow when I have my dietician chat.

good luck for the next lot of lbs off :hug99:

kate i know exactly how you felt with your fill my last one was dreadful i had to lay there feet up in the air like the gym while he tried to locate the port it took about 10 mins to find and 10 mins of legs up legs down is a nightmare my only saving grace was he kept to the one hole and just giggled the needle around once inside me the pop sensation bit is a bit strange isntit!! well done on what you have lost so far i know its a difficult stage at the mo!! xx

Yes Red , the radiographer hurt me as well so glad I'm not the only one!! got my 2nd fill by nurse in clinic a week tomorrow and kinda dreading the needle part now! Port always feels tender anyway so think I can safely say its going to smart a bit!

Back