• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Had my appointment today...

Emma Louise

I had my appointment today with the Consultant at the Obisity Clinic, and it went well.

It started off with me getting my blood pressure checked (was fine), then my height, weight checked.

The consultant who i spoke to was lovely, she could not have been a nicer woman, she spoke to me with a great deal of respect and made me feel like she would be putting my health etc first with what ever we do next.

Basically, the conclusion of the meeting was that she is referring me to a dietition for 6 months, the guidlines are that i have to lose around 10% of my body weight before i can apply for funding etc. (which by the way i find HUGELY ironic, as i am going to her because i cant lose weight, but she is saying i have to lose weight before i go any further - however i do see the logic in it with regards to commitment).

We talked for a bit more about me wanting to be a teacher and sending my application off today and i asked if i lost the 10% before the 6 month period would i be referred before then and she said she wanted to see me in 3 months to see where i am then.

So all good news really...

I'm off to click the "send" button on my teaching application now!! eeeeeeeek!! :D

Glad you feel positive about your appointment roll on december ! x

Hi hun am pleased it all went well for you, and congrats on sending off ur teaching app that s fab.
38.5 lbs in 3 months that is achievable, are u going to diet on ur own or join a slimming club to get extra help and support to get you to ur next goal xx

Hi hun am pleased it all went well for you, and congrats on sending off ur teaching app that s fab.
38.5 lbs in 3 months that is achievable, are u going to diet on ur own or join a slimming club to get extra help and support to get you to ur next goal xx

Thank you Roch!!

Ive got to lose a bit more than that cause ive put a bit on since i updated my details :rolleyes: the consultant said 2 stone 8 pounds and shed be happy which i believe i could do!! :D

I joined Slimming world last year and so will be dieting on my own but following Slimming world rules. I cant afford to spend on weigh ins, but i have all the info so ill be fiiiiiiiiine :p.

Hope your doing ok. How far along are you in the process now?

:) xxx

Thanks Allie, what a lovely responce!! xxx

Wishing you loads of luck with both your weight loss & your teaching app form hope both turn out right for you :) :)

I had my appointment today with the Consultant at the Obisity Clinic, and it went well.

It started off with me getting my blood pressure checked (was fine), then my height, weight checked.

The consultant who i spoke to was lovely, she could not have been a nicer woman, she spoke to me with a great deal of respect and made me feel like she would be putting my health etc first with what ever we do next.

Basically, the conclusion of the meeting was that she is referring me to a dietition for 6 months, the guidlines are that i have to lose around 10% of my body weight before i can apply for funding etc. (which by the way i find HUGELY ironic, as i am going to her because i cant lose weight, but she is saying i have to lose weight before i go any further - however i do see the logic in it with regards to commitment).

We talked for a bit more about me wanting to be a teacher and sending my application off today and i asked if i lost the 10% before the 6 month period would i be referred before then and she said she wanted to see me in 3 months to see where i am then.

So all good news really...

I'm off to click the "send" button on my teaching application now!! eeeeeeeek!! :D

news_17083.gif

Thank you so much everyone :D xxxxxx

Congrats...and are you doing PGCE or CertEd?

Neither actually, im hoping to get onto the Devon School Centred Intial Teacher Training (Devon SCITT). It's hard to get on (only 30 places and over 300 applicants so im told) but im gonna give it a damn good shot. At the end of it i will be awarded the PGCE aswell from Plymouth Uni though.

If i dont get on that one ive put Plymouth uni PGCE as my second choice.

:D xxxxx

Good on you! It's only Post Grad if you do it immediately after your degree now, its Professional Grad CE if you do it later ....bluddy government moving the goalposts! They both go next year and it's petals and kettles...<roll eyes>

Hi Emma, fantastically optimistic post by you.
Just to reiterate what everyone else has already said. Good luck with the 10%. You sound focused so am sure the time will be right for you & good for you in sending off your teaching application. Hope you get all you want. xxx

Good on you! It's only Post Grad if you do it immediately after your degree now, its Professional Grad CE if you do it later ....bluddy government moving the goalposts! They both go next year and it's petals and kettles...<roll eyes>

I didnt know that!!

Well im just about to go into my last year at uni, eeeek! Be glad to get with teaching though, ive worked so hard to get at the point where i am, im not gonna let a matter of a few extra pounds hold me back :cool:

:) xxxx

Thank you Gaynor! Your comments are very much appreciated!! :) xxxx

Back