• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Had my fill

wildthing

Had my second fill at midday today and guess what- it wasn't as bad as I thought. The nurse was soooo much gentler than the bloke who did it at x-ray, it was over in seconds, just that scratch when it went in thats all. So just tried some soup as liquids only today and couldn't eat even half a tin so feel better as could eat so much before the fill. The only thing thats worrying me is I had 7mls in on 30 May and today there was only 5mls in it so she put 1ml in to take it to 6mls. Is it normal to lose 2 mls over 3 and a half months? (unless the radiologist got it wrong when he told me 7 mls) At least I know exactly how much is in now so I can monitor how much I've before the next fill I guess.....

Hi Judy

Glad it went ok, you do lose some but he may have got the previous one wrong!

Hope you get a good restriction with this one x

You may have lost a little but usually they can't get all the saline out and some of it remains in the tube (about 1.5) so you will probably find you had more in that 5ml

I am glad you have restriction. You see this is what I don't understand. I was told that I would not get restriction with liquids (inc soup) as it is a slider food. But so many people say that can only manage a small amount of soup. Why is that?

I have soup for lunch today (had fill yesterday) and as I expected there was no restriction. I wont know if I have restriction until I go back on solids in 5 days time.

Should I get restriction with things like soup?

You may have lost a little but usually they can't get all the saline out and some of it remains in the tube (about 1.5) so you will probably find you had more in that 5ml

I am glad you have restriction. You see this is what I don't understand. I was told that I would not get restriction with liquids (inc soup) as it is a slider food. But so many people say that can only manage a small amount of soup. Why is that?

I have soup for lunch today (had fill yesterday) and as I expected there was no restriction. I wont know if I have restriction until I go back on solids in 5 days time.

Should I get restriction with things like soup?

Confusing isnt it!

Heres how it feels for me (but as you know we are all different). I had my first fill at 13 weeks, first 2 weeks liquids, second two mush. Whilst on the liquids beacuse I didnt feel hungry they kept me satisfied. Mushies did fill me up probably because of the swelling.

After my fill and returning to 3 days on liquids, again they kept me satisfied but not full.

After this fill - absolutly starving on liquids only and mushies are not hitting the spot either.

I think at this stage before my fill I may have been eating too much, my fill probably wasnt enough and after getting used to eating more I am struggling to eat less if that makes sense.

So on answer to your question, I think you can feel satisfied after soup but it will not fill you up!

Ramble, ramble lol

Maz x

glad it went ok...I've not had a fill done in the usual way yet...the radiographer damaged my port when he tried to do mine as my port had flipped and it bl**dy hurt...he told me off for wincing :cry:, so my first fill was done when I had my port replacement done under anaesthetic.

I know I'll be bricking it when I have to go for my next fill :eek:

Pleased it went OK for you Judy :) x Also , hope you're next one is a more positive experience as well Yvonne x

Yep it was definately much easier today Yvonne, clinic wasn't so intimidating either and nurse very clued up. Straight in with the needle first time, no messing about. I think I couldn't eat the soup in total today cos I get a terrible burping and squeaking sound and feel like its going down really slowly. I had that last time I had a fill for first few days and then it went and I could eat normally again then

glad your fill was good you will know in a few days how good the restriction is mine always settles a few das after a fill but i love the day of fill as im tight tight tight lol i cant answer on the soup thing as i only have liquids on fill day then eat as normal after that

Hi Judy, at my 1st fill he told me there was 5ml in my 9ml band. At 2nd fill they only managed to take out 3.5ml so some where I'd lost 1.5 ml. The 2nd fill they put 7.5 ml in so if I have another I will see if I've lost anymore on the way. Glad it was'nt too painful for youx

Hello :) as other people have said I think it is quite normal to lose 1 or 2 mls of fluid over the time between fills. Between my first and second fills I had lost around 1.5-2mls. They radiologist said it was pretty normal. Im hoping to book another fill when I go and see my dietitian on Monday as i dont feel as tight as I did when I was filled for the second time.

Thanks Gaynor and Bexmoss, perhaps its just normal to lose that amount between fills then, going to be an expensice journey for me I think to keep filling it up! Ho hum....

Back