• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Band fill

icey

So im 6mnths post op and have lost 4st. I had my band filled on the 25/02 2mls added which would make a total of 6mls. Nope, my stomach cannot tolerate these fills at all and its really bloody disappointing. I was back at the clinic the next day having 1ml removed :mad:

So im back to 5mls, and the next fills will be in stages of half mls, as soon as i get past 6 i cant keep nothing down, weird?

I LOVE SOUP!! :rolleyes:

Karen x

Firstly hello and wd on the grand loss :) thats no fun with the fills, not sure how im going to cope when the time comes eeek just as well you love soup lol me too and i love my soup maker :) gl with more losses wd hun x x

I'm super new to this malarky so hopefully someone will come along who knows what they are talking about but, firstly - brilliant loss, 4 stone is not to be sniffed at!! Well done.

Is it that at your current fill level you don't have restriction?

I only know what I've been told by my team but, they have said it's normal to have to revert to soups/liquids for a day or two after a fill and then mushy for a little while after that. It takes time to let it all settle back.

What happens when you have a fill?

if you have a 10ml band you're at the average point of where restriction is often found so smaller fills are the way to go, a friend of mine is going through similar and her fills are in 1/4 mls altho her last one was only 0.2.

Hang in there sounds as if you're close :)

I have a 10 mil band, at surgery they put in 1.5mls, went for my first infill two weeks ago, the hospital put in another 2.5 and I could not swallow, they had to remove 1.5 mls, it looks like I have a sensitive band and probably wont be able to have any more infills

I have a 14ml band, i have liquids and mushy as instructed after the fills. I cant stop being sick as soon as it goes past 5mls. Donna i think mine is sensitive too hun x

It sounds like it! wonder if we can get some sort of refund as we don't need so many infills lol x

I would happily accept a half price tummy tuck lol x

I would happily accept a half price tummy tuck lol x

That sounds a better offer lol, I wonder if somebody could negotiate with some of the big surgical groups to offer discounts to WLS members? its worth thinking about because everybody on here wants one eventually! x

Back