• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

had to cancel my fill :(

top_kat

Am gutted :(

Twisted my knee while getting out of the car last night, despite icing and resting overnight, its really swollen and painful. Unfortunately, it has also meant that I've got a really difficulty in driving. Just made it into work this morning, but there's no way I could drive for a 2 hour round trip for me fill.

So I've had to cancel :(

Also means, I can't hit the gym which is a big pain too. Past week my hunger levels have really kicked in and although I am still at around the 1000 cals mark and I still think I will have lost this week, I was hoping to have the fill, to get it all in and settled in the build up to Xmas.

I am determined that this won't set me back. I am determined that I will NOT give in to those hunger feelings. I am determined that the Xmas food I've had to start buying will remain in the cupboard and NOT in my mouth.

But blegh . . .damn knee :(

Oh bless u chick

That must b soo soo painfull.
Am sure u will do brilliant over Xmas just stick to plan Hun

I no ur hungry will get to u as it always does with me but u been very very strong with ur will power

I think ur amazing Hun

Rest up

Lisa x x

Thanks Lisa :)

Its really strange because I have very very limited restriction ~ a couple of foods will remind me I have the band, but I certainly don't have it there in terms of the amount that I could eat (if I wanted to! but dont!) I maybe even able to fit one in once the leg clears up, they do fills on the second saturday of the month, which would be the 8th Dec. We have our works Xmas meal on the 22nd, and while I will be eating very small portions anyway, I don't want to be on liquid only.

So it may just fit in, fill on 8th, 3 days liquid, 3 days mash. And also enable me to get through Xmas seeing as those people I will be seeing over Xmas don't even know about my band LOL

its just frustrating. Although thankfully since the weekend the feelings of hunger have eased a little bit and the past couple of days, I don't feel particularly hungry . . .

Its weigh in day tomorrow, am hoping that I will have lost even though its not been the easiest of weeks lol

:)

Will it be ur first fill?? If so yeah it 3day 3day :-( that I found really hard

Xmas meal will be nice and u will be able to eat by then just smaller amounts

I no before I had fill I didn't feel like I had the band but honestly try to eat like u normal would and I can assure u it will make u sick

It great tool and u won't let ur self over eat!!
U will lose chick u always do.

Rest that leg up as u don't want to be hobbling over Xmas
Much luv

Lisa x x

I no before I had fill I didn't feel like I had the band but honestly try to eat like u normal would and I can assure u it will make u sick
My band doesn't make me sick, neither does any food that I have with my band, which is why I know that there isn't a great deal of restriction there.

And no, its not my first fill ~ as Im almost 14 weeks post op. I had 5mls put in 5 weeks after my op, 1 further ml 2 weeks later, but haven't had anything now put in since 13th October. There are a couple of food items that if I eat will remind me its there, but I don't have any issues with bread, pasta, rice or anything because I have such little restriction. (Asparagus and pear are the things so far to remind me lol)

But I also know that if I allowed myself to, I could eat much much more than a side plate full or a small portion. Some people I know get full on half a chicken breast . . .I could eat two. Just because there is a band there, it doesn't always stop you eating too much or far more than they suggest. Just because I can however doesn't mean that I do. In fact I choose not to. But I do know that my pouch and the band isn't giving me a great deal of restriction and hasn't done since I've had it.

I don't feel hungry in the mornings (never have done) my cals are taken from mid afternoon onwards and its working ok. I was hoping however, this fill would give me some restriction, to start restricting the amount I can actually and physically eat and to take away that feeling of hunger when you have a very small portion.

Still . . I will dig into the willpower for a bit longer while I still have it LOL because I am determined that this will work and that I will at some point, get the band to how it should be :)

awww Top-cat what a nightmare do you not have anyone that can drive you there?? or is the Train no use??? Your doing so well but I understand you wanting a fill before xmas save temptation taking over. Hope your on the mend soon x

I did think about the train, but with school run timings in the morning it just wouldn't work And unfortunately, no-one to give me a lift.

Will see if I can fit one in before Xmas, if not the goodies will go with my son in his bedroom (ie the cakes, biscuits and things that he wants) so I don't feel tempted and if I want one I will have one, but won't have easy access LOL

Will try to squeeze one in if I can. The downside of my main provider being about an hour away. I could have had one literally 5 mins walk around the corner from me, but there was a few things that put me off them. lol

Howdy Top Kat - Hope your knee gets better and u get rescheduled fill soon xx

no mums (neighbours) go to same school??? maybe they can do school run for you in the morningif just explain you have an urgent appt to get too?? Hope you sort something out either way xx

Awww so sorry to hear that hun. Hang in there and try to book another one on the 8th sooner than later :) Good luck, thinking of you! X

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Topkat ... Hope you feel better soon and get the fill you need. At least if you eat more than you are currently eating if you concentrate on lots of protein and band friendly foods you are not necessarily going to put on weight. You have had really good habits over the last few months and you are really focussed so theres no reason why this blip is going to get in the way of your overall goal. Sometimes it can do your body good to eat a bit more, and then refocus as it can help you lose weight even more quickly. It did me! Xxx

Thanks everyone.

Unfortunately I did try to get something sorted out, but cos it only happened last night and I had to give a minimum 24 hours notice to cancel the fill I had to do that by 930am this morning. So it meant that there was no time to really organise anything and if I didn't cancel, they'd charge me.

Thankfully tho, the past couple of days, the hunger that had kicked in at the end of last week has eased and I've gone the opposite way LOL

The end of last week would normally be my TOTM, I have a mirena fitted so don't have anything, but looking back on MFP there does seem to be that pattern, so it could be related to that. I can live with that if its only a few days every month. I really don't want to rush my fills . . .so will see how things go over the next week or so . . .especially when I can get back in the gym.

Weigh in tomorrow morning tho . . .fingers crossed :D

Good luck topkat. The coil and totm has the same impact for me apart from I am ravenous for about 2 1/2 weeks and then tight for the remainder of the month. It all balances itself out. Just plan everything like you are doing now and I am 110 percent you will be fine xxx even if you have a sts week, a good weight loss follows the week after :D

Back