• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hair Loss

Lighter life is the work of the Devil!!!
At the time I thought it was amazing as i lost 5st easily but I now honestly believe i would not be the size I am (10st back on) if I hadn't done it.
My surgeon is in agreement too!

I agree. Waste of money time and effort. Wouldn't recommend that or the Cambridge to anyone. I have never met more people with eating disorders and finding ways to cheat lighter life. People bragging bout being sick to keep weight off. But I loved being a size 14-16 and I look forward to getting that feeling back. But I am prepared for hairless but dreading the constipation as its horrific. X

Hi - is that based on research or someone you know who has horrific constipation? x x

Horrendous constipation on lighter life and Cambridge but fine when eating normally ( or overeating in my case). I have read the threads and many suffer after surgery. X

Many do, but those who don't, won't post :p

Hi everyone ! Newbie o this site but so glad I've found it as reading everyone's different comments about different things is really interesting, I've just had my i rest appointment to see nurse and anethatist and what lovely friendly people they are,:) they've agreed to do surgery so I'm now on the next step up the ladder, like others I'm also worried about loosing my hair after Gastro bypass, I've always had big hair , my hair is me! It's a scarey thought, but how long does this go on for and is it just a bit of hair or big bald patches, ? Would appreciate any advice...... :)

Mine started around 5 months and is still not back fully yet. For some people it never regains its original thickness. Its not bald patches so much as thinning but I have thick black curly hair and it became limp and very thin.

:(Oh gawd, its started...
Major hairloss!
I take my vits, (Forceval, folic, hair & skin...) try and ram in the protein (but dont add why or anything...) so imagine my horror when my hair came out in handfuls when showering....its really upsetting.

Am I missing something?

No honey :( unfortunately its just one of those things that some of us get and some don't. Do try hair skin and nails vits as they may help.

I was worried as I have long curly hair which was already very fine. I have always used a tangle teezer brush and I do agree they are great!

My hair went even finer really quickly, but as others have said, it's never been bald patches or too severe. When I put it in a pony tail it looks a bit like when you do it to a toddler with fluff hair!

I am almost a year out and I have new growth just starting, which is really annoying but a great sign! I too take all my vitamins and try to be good with my protein levels etc. would prefer to have to get a wig though than not have had my bypass!

Back