• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hair Loss.....

bodybeautiful

Hiya Guys.
I am post op...I had my surgery oct 26th 08 - everything has been great Lost nearly 5 stone until now - I am losing hair like you wouldnt believe - I have been to the doctors and been given many more tablets to take.....Just wondering if any of you guys have or are going though the same thing, and if so " does it ever stop or will i become bald "

I dont chat on here that offen - just read the threads and usually find all the info i need..

Would be great if you could give your views on my problem...

Thanks xx:confused:

hiya well done on your weight loss my hair loss stopped about two months ago which was 8 mths post op, i don't know wether it just stopped or if it was the zinc tablets i am taking and will keep on taking for a psychological crutch.
keep up the good work

i too am lsing hair, have lost 4 stone overal, and i believe it is your bodies way of thinning it down to match the new slimmer you. You wont go bold and most people will not even notice it

Yes have to agree with the others you wont go bald and it slows down around 9 months....try not to worry as that will make it worse...its just thinning out and does not happen to everyone...mine is fine just now and I had my op in November xx

Thanks Guys,

I have been told that my body is lacking in vitamins - I dont think that can be right - when i am taking about 16 tablets a day !! I know i shouldnt be moaning because i dont regret a thing.....its just a shock when you can grab a handfull of hair every time you touch your head......So glad to hear other people are going though the same....thought it was only me.

xx

Are you taking the right vitamins though? Mine are a multi vitamin I got via the GP which my surgeon recommended they cover everything. I did go without them for two weeks and really noticed the difference. Just had a blood test to check my B12 and iron levels as at present I cant take the iron....might be worth getting some stronger vits off your GP if you dont already get them...xx

Hiya,

I had my surgery on October 22nd, have lost 6 stone now, and now my hair is falling out in clumps. It's all over the house. I'm seeing my GP tomorrow, but from what i've read it's a zinc defficiency.

Well done on your weight loss :)

Sorry to jump in but wanted to say huge :clap: to Erin, 6 stone is amazing, well done!

I have had hair thinning, from about 3 months post op. i take selenium and zinc daily and all seems well now.

Hi there

My hair loss started at around 3 and a half months and has just recently more or less stopped and I'm 7 months out now. It was falling out in big clumps but now it just seems to be the odd strand, which I reckon is just back to how it was pre-op now. Have a few tufts sprouting out of the top of my head so probably look a bit silly but hey ho!

x

Back