• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

question for banders on hair loss

sparky42

hi everyone, sorry have not been on in a while i had my band fitted end of april and have lost just over 5 stone i am really pleased with my weight loss but since end of august i have been loosing loads of hair i mean literally handfuls at a time my hair is starting to feel and look so thin,
1 is this hair loss normal
2 will it slow down
3 has anyone else had this problem
4 has anyone any suggestions
many thanks Julie x

Hi Julie - I lost quite a lot of hair - the consultant at the Weight Man. clinic put me one Forceval and this seems to have stopped it being so bad x

I was told that if it was going to happen it will be at about 4 months post op as it is a reflection of the very start of your weight loss when your diet is much more severe following immediate post op. My dietician did assure me though that if this happens it is normal and will improve as your post op diet will improve. She stressed the importance of ensuring lots of protein in the diet adn said the Forceval, as previously mentioned does really help.

Hope this helps.

xxx

Hi Julie

I have lost a lot of hair too, I had so much of it though that its not too noticeable. Mine has slowed down now though so maybe you need a suplement, maybe try what jenni takes?

Good luck x

Back