• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hairloss - what a cliché

Not everybody has hairloss. I have quite a lot of hair so you can't tell (yet). I was told by my surgeon that the hair loss only lasts for about 10 weeks while your body is adjusting to the decreased calories. After that the hair is supossed to grow back even more healthy. I'll keep you posted.

Mine certainly wasnt for 10wk! If you're eating a low carb high protein diet it continues on and on coming on, luckily for me I have plenty to spare tho so did me good! 10mth was nearer for me lol

Right, that's decided it for me, I'm getting it all cropped out before the op and dyed back to dark. I normally have it bleached white blonde (so much white hair, might as well!), but the bleach takes its toll even with my hair being extremely strong, so no point in taking chances. I never had any hair loss during or after pregnancy either, but I think I'll play it safe. Easier to maintain post op anyway.

Thanks for the thread, I wouldn't have even thought of it otherwise! :)

OK, I've had hairloss for 12 weeks now. In the last few days it has gotten better by about 50%. I don't know if it is my increase in protein or like my surgeon says that hairloss is part of the journey for most people and it goes away on it's own after a while. But I hope the hairloss will stop completely soon.

I seem to be losing loads but my belly hair has not grown back strange I think it's todo with the iodine wipe before the op
Well for us men not to bad but for ladies it must be a nightmare I do feel for them

Back